Contact Us

StrokeIt

Accented characters

Posted by Stuart 
Stuart
Accented characters
October 21, 2005 08:07PM
G’day all from Oz!

I love this tiny app SOOOO much! (up to 389,782 gestures since the last instal!)

A bit of help needed on one action though. What I want to do is gesture for Word to type accented e’s (é). Now the problem is, you need to hold down the ALT key while you type ‘0233’ on the num pad. So I’ve put
‘[ALT_DOWN][NUMPAD0][NUMPAD2][NUMPAD3][NUMPAD3][ALT_UP]’ in the
send Keystrokes’ command in Strokeit, but Word isn’t registering this sequence and inserting the é. It recognises all my other instructions. Is there a bit of a hiccup with Strokeit here?

I hold down the alt key and type 0233 and voila!, the é appears, but not via Strokeit. ‘[NUMPAD0][NUMPAD2][NUMPAD3][NUMPAD3]’ in Strokeit works [pastes ‘0233’], but not ‘[ALT_DOWN][NUMPAD0][NUMPAD2][NUMPAD2][NUMPAD2][ALT_UP]’.

Using the ALT+numkeys sequence is necessary for lots of other characters from the character map, such as accented vowels. So how can we use Strokeit to display them?

Any ideas, wizards?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 19?