Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

High GDI usage

Posted by nik 
nik
High GDI usage
October 20, 2005 02:21AM
Currently strokeit is using 1500 gdi objects. If i close and restart Strokeit the usage drops to only 72 .

Other tests:

After every gesture gdi objects increase by 2 .
Even if a gesture that is not recognised by strokeit is made the GDI still increases.
After deleting stroke.bin and all the actions , its still increasing by 2 on every gesture.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour??
To enable gdi objects in task manager goto view > select columns

Otherwise everything is working fine, but i thought i should report coz googleearth uses 2500 gdi objects on my system. So that makes 1500 pretty high.

system:
PIII 550 256mb
winxp sp2
Michael Kairys
Re: High GDI usage
October 20, 2005 04:26AM
I can not confirm this. I see some increase of GDI but not on every stroke, and I see the release of GDI objects as well, so there is no overall steady increase.
skip
October 23, 2005 06:12AM
I think that was happening on me with 9.3 when "draw colored line" option was turned off, when I turned it on, resource leaking stopped. Don't know how things are in 9.5.
nik
October 23, 2005 09:16AM
Confirmed!! - draw coloured lines.
Thanks skip, disabled 'draw coloured lines' was the problem . I have enabled it now and since i don't want the line i set the blue, green red colours to 0. So all is well and no more GDI leak now :)
Michael Kairys
October 23, 2005 10:48AM
Okay, I see it now. StrokeIt 9.5, running with 'draw coloured lines' enabled, watching the strokeit.exe process, I do not see an increase in GDI objects. If I disable 'draw...' I begin to see an increase of 2 GDI objects per stroke drawn. If I re-enable 'draw...' this increase stops.

I do not see these objects being subsequently freed, so I think this qualifies as a bug.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 13?