Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Minimize function

Posted by Jeremy 
Jeremy
Minimize function
December 12, 2001 08:36AM
<HTML>One thing I just noticed was when using the tweak for XP to get the outlook to show up in the task manager I have to actually press the minimize button to get it to minimize into the task manager. If I use the StrokeIt slash "/" it only minimizes to the taskbar.

Thanks for the program. IT RULES!

-Jeremy</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Minimize function
December 12, 2001 10:05PM
<HTML>Using the slash "/" sends the window a WM_MINIMIZE message, if there is a hot key to make outlook minimize to the tray, you can simply create a new command for outlook that sends that hot key to outlook whenever you draw a slash.

BTW, if you figure out what the hotkey is, please post it here so I can add it to the config file (I don't use outlook myself, so I can't check this for you)

-- Jeff</HTML>
Anxiety
December 13, 2001 10:54AM
<HTML>Odd, I have XP and OE will minimize with the / action. But also I dont have that tweak that makes it show up in the task manager. If you wanted, you could use the send key function to send "[ALT_DOWN][SPACE][ALT_UP]n" and that will be the equivilent of clicking the icon in the top left corner and selecting minimize from the context menu.</HTML>
Jeremy
December 16, 2001 11:04AM
<HTML>Yea that did the trick...

Thanks for your help.

-Jeremy</HTML>
Dennis
December 27, 2001 12:17AM
<HTML>Same thing for Trillian and I will ask the geek (btw www.thinkgeek.com i LOVE it)
It got this neet minimize to taskbar function I can only access it by clicking on the right symbol in Trillian to get it there. No Windows command helps.
Maybe you know one, cuz u got it implented anyways and maybe know some fancy window WParam LParam stuff which i could use :)
I'm getting on the Matt Flanders language is that a bad sign?

Dennis</HTML>
andy baker
December 28, 2001 09:24PM
<HTML>The 'Girder' program (http://www.girder.nl/developer.php) that someone mentioned a few weeks ago has an ability to capture the LParams etc of almost anything you do and can be used to figure out settings for StrokeIt</HTML>
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.