Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

WIN + SHIFT + LEFT Not Working

Posted by Derek 
Derek
WIN + SHIFT + LEFT Not Working
May 14, 2013 06:25PM
When you send those keystrokes strokeit will perform the function of only WIN + L instead.

Please help thanks.

Derek

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2013 04:03PM by Leo.
Derek
Re: WIN + SHIFT + L Not Working
May 15, 2013 10:08AM
For reference I am using:

[SHIFT_DOWN][WIN_DOWN]
[SHIFT_UP][WIN_UP]
Leo
May 15, 2013 03:50PM
rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation
Derek
May 15, 2013 05:18PM
Thanks Leo but by "L" I meant the "Left" key. To switch monitors not to lock the workstation.

Thank you for your reply though.

Derek
Leo
May 17, 2013 02:48AM
Hello Derek,

Ok so I need more input.
Consider [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?2,54671]this[/url] please.

Thank you
Derek
May 17, 2013 06:23PM
Sure Leo no problem.

I believe the title is already helpful in identifying the problem. I am running Windows 7 Corp 64x and the latest version of strokeit paid version as of today.

The issue is I want to complete a gesture and have a window even if it is maximized move from one screen to the other and then if I do the gesture on the other screen, back again. The keyboard shortcut for this in Windows 7 is WIN+SHIFT+Left or you can use the right key as well and this accomplishes exactly what I am trying to do. However when I enter this info into the perform keystrokes section it does not work it performs the function of WIN+Left instead which just snaps the window to the edge of the screen and then over to the edge of the other screen and back and so forth. Ive read other posts on the forum about the multimon monitor switch option as well which I could attach to a gesture however this does not work for me either, when I attach that to a gesture it does the same as described before. But at any time if I use the Windows key combo it works like a charm. Its almost as if there needs to be a delay implemented before the Left is pressed? Not sure. I can reproduce this all the time all day long. Also please note I also have KatMouse installed. I am not sure if that is causing any issues with the gestures being performed or not?

Thank you very much for your help.

Derek
Leo
May 21, 2013 04:10AM
Hello Derek,

Bug confirmed. You must use alternative software.

Thanks for posting

Leo
May 21, 2013 05:11AM
Derek Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Ive read other posts on the forum about
> the multimon monitor switch option as well which I
> could attach to a gesture however this does not
> work for me either, when I attach that to a
> gesture it does the same as described before.

I have two monitors on Win 7 and Multimon Next Monitor works fine for me. I have a global gesture defined (/Up) which correctly moves a window from one monitor to the other, retaining the window shape and relative p[osition.
Derek
May 21, 2013 11:25AM
Ok so I disabled KatMouse and it did not make any difference. I am using Win 7 Ent x64. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Also I have switched back to trying the multimon - next option and now it is working but will only work if the window is not maximized. If the window is maximized it will just glitch, it looks like it tries to move it but then fails and the window wiggles and just ends back up right where it left off.

This is killing me :)
Derek
Re: WIN + SHIFT + LEFT Not Working
May 23, 2013 05:47PM
Anyone?

Thanks,
Derek
May 24, 2013 04:34PM
Maximized windows don't present a problem for me, but I am on Win 7 x86...
Derek
May 27, 2013 11:07AM
Hmmm wonder if it is a x64 issue? Can anyone else please confirm?

Thanks very much everyone.

Derek
Derek
May 29, 2013 03:41PM
Can anyone confirm for me please who is running an x64 system?

Thanks very much,
Derek
July 05, 2013 03:48AM
I'm also on win7 x64 system. It also doesn't work for me. It perform win+left instead.

workaround:
I have a NVIDIA graphic card and use nview desktop manager. nView desktop manager allow you to create global shortcut keys. I create one for switch monitor (ctrl+alt+right). Then I create a mouse gesture to have it perform this shortcut keys.
Lee
February 09, 2014 11:45PM
I have same problem with my computer operating on win7 x64 system.

I think the problem is caused by the combination order of hotkeys in the program algorithm.

"WIN + SHIFT + LEFT" or "SHIFT + WIN + LEFT" should be recognized in order.

But, if the key order is set as "WIN + LEFT + SHIFT", then the combination of hotkeys is working like "WIN + LEFT".

Please check this hypothesis dear developers~!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 1?