Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt Home .9.7 can't work with Firefox 14 +

Posted by zdjls 
StrokeIt Home .9.7 can't work with Firefox 14 +
September 03, 2012 08:57AM
StrokeIt Home .9.7 can work well with Firefox 13 (and before).
But it can't work with Firefox 14 (and after).

When open a new Firefox 14 window, StrokeIt Home .9.7 can work with Firefox 14 for a moment and you can see the gesture line on Firefox Window. But after doing some gesture operations with Firefox, it can't work and you can't see any gesture line on Firefox window.

Re: StrokeIt Home .9.7 can't work with Firefox 14 +
September 09, 2012 10:08AM
I tested it on FF 15 (XP SP3), and at one point I got an error message "Cannot Create Region" from Stroke It, and no lines were drawn any more; but, after I had clicked "OK", it worked again. I have tried to get this error window to come up again, but it wouldn't, and Stroke It continued to work as it should.

However, when I restarted Stroke It, the exact same thing happened: the error window came up once, but afterwards it worked fine. So I don't think there's anything you could do to fix it, but then it doesn't appear to be a huge problem...
September 19, 2012 09:58PM
I have not got any error message from StrokeIt.

If I restared Firefox, StrokeIt can work with Firefox for a mement. After a little gesture operation in Firefox, it can't work with Firefox again(but works well with other aplications).

If I restared StrokeIt, it still can't work with Firefox.
September 21, 2012 08:03AM
Works fine for me: Firefox 14.0.1, Windows 7 32b. Is this a 64-bit issue?

I created a new app, used MozillaWindowClass as the id, added a gesture "B" = "toggle bookmarks bar" = [ALT_DOWN]VEB[ALT_UP], no problem.
September 21, 2012 10:52PM
windows XP 32bit.

All gestures in [Global actions] and special gestures for Firefox can't work.
September 26, 2012 09:44PM
That is strange. Really works on my XP 32bit SP3. Could it be something else on your computer? What happens if you create a new user account in XP (just for testing) and install FF and SI there?
irecax
October 03, 2012 07:38PM
For Firefox FireGestures is better because it have internal firefox commands, just add firefox.exe to to the strokeit exceptions & install FireGestures
October 03, 2012 08:54PM
The same thing happens on the four different computer and a windows XP(SP3) on virtual machines.
October 03, 2012 09:17PM
FireGestures can work with some simple gestures. It can't recognise letter gestures, like as letter A, E, K, M, N, P, Q, R, W, X...(and their reversed gestures).
I use letter gestures for the same meaning operation with different program on my computer. So I can forget the different command(menu, hotkey,toolbar) for different program.
October 08, 2012 10:37AM
i have strokeit working on ff 15.0.1 .

i did notice a problem on the laptop recently, which i fixed today. the strokes for forward and back worked, but 'close tab' didn't. even different gestures for close tab didn't work. but did work on desktop.

i compared the application identifiers. there were 2 on desktop and one on laptop. do i dragged the 'target' from the application identifier window in strokeit to the taskbar in firefox. it created a new identifier, different from the one that already existed. presto! 'close tab' worked.

perhaps this will help your problem.
October 14, 2012 03:24AM
I found StrokesPlus(S+)!
It works well with FF 14+.
And it is more powerful, flexible than StrokeIt(SI).

I can use Lua script with S+.
I can add more gestures in S+.
I can use other mouse button with gestures in S+.

I use SI for many years. I live SI.
I can't live without gestures anymore.

Thanks Jeff. But now, I will say good-bye to SI.
Kamui Solo
October 20, 2012 12:50PM
Anybody have installed InternetDownloadManager? It seems there is conflct between integration extension "IDM CC" and Strokeit, in my case that's why gestures don't work with Firefox. During the releasing Firefox 13+, was released new version of IDM and since then gestures does not work as expected.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 3?