Contact Us

StrokeIt

exclude program from global action

Posted by Jones 
Jones
exclude program from global action
July 20, 2011 05:34AM
Hi,

thanks for the nice program; gestures for windows is what I was always looking for :-)

Following problem: I want StrokeIt to perform global actions exept from opera (cause it has its own gestures and it does not work with global actions). I can add Opera as detected Program in the "[Global Action]"-entry and choose "deactive gestures for these programs" (I use german languagepack, so wording might defer). But now, no gestures are performed anymore - nowhere.

Version: StrokeIt Home .9.7

Thanks
Joe
Re: exclude program from global action
July 20, 2011 05:52AM
You were not doing it properly and just disabled global actions completely

You have to remove Opera from the global action identifiers and re-enable global action gestures. After that you should create a new application called "Disabled Apps" (or whatever you like), tick the "Disable gestures in this application" checkbox (or whatever it is called in German) and add Opera and all the other apps you want to disable SI in.
Joe
July 26, 2011 10:31AM
gemisigo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You have to remove Opera from the global action
> identifiers and re-enable global action gestures.

this part I did not comprehend. but there was still an application "Disabled Apps". I added Opera and it works.

For me it is confusing, that in StrokeIt a set of Actions is called "Application". "Disable gesture for this application" sound like: Add a program and check this box; so this program would not be infected by the gestures anymore.

Anyway. Your description works and I am happy now. Thanks for help .-)
July 26, 2011 01:53PM
Sorry, I might have misunderstood. I thought you added Opera to Global Actions (which is actually not an application), which should not have any apps added, since these are globals and should work in every application (except those disabled).

Let me clarify a few things. StrokeIt gestures and actions are stored in a three level tree.

The topmost level is the Application level. It identifies a set of applications (hence its name) and contains a set of Actions (second level) which are in turn containers for Commands (lowest level) and triggered by assigned gestures. When performing a gesture, the Commands of the corresponding Action will be executed in given order. A gesture assigned to an Action in a specific Application takes precedence over Global Actions.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 18?