Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Windows 7 Aero Bug

Posted by Grark 
Windows 7 Aero Bug
December 07, 2010 05:06PM
Just purchased the new version and I'm having trouble with windows 7 and Aero.

When Aero is enabled, my mouse pointer is offset by a good 2 inches and his highly accelerated compared to my mouse movement.

Aero disabled, all works as expected. I can't accept that I can't have Aero and StrokeIt working at the same time!

- Yo Grark
Canadian Bred with American Buttering.
Re: Windows 7 Aero Bug
December 07, 2010 05:18PM
That's pretty weird. Are you using a special or unusual mouse (or driver)?
December 09, 2010 07:28AM
And if you enable Aero and disable (but don't uninstall) StrokeIt the behavior is normal?
December 13, 2010 08:59PM
Yes, if I disable Aero, works fine, if I enable Aero again works weird again :(

Standard logitech optical wireless driver. It's definitely Aero based.
December 14, 2010 02:35AM
MKairys wanted to know if you still experience the issue with Aero enabled and StrokeIt disabled (but not uninstalled). You can disable StrokeIt by a right clicking on its tray icon. It turns red to indicate it has been disabled. Please, try it this way and let us know the results.
December 14, 2010 06:39AM
Sorry, but the problem is when I use Strokeit, if I disable strokeit, there's no problem.

Nevermind the mouse acceleration, it's the misaligned color line that gets drawn that's the real issue. (always appears two inches to the right and 2 inches down for example).

Now, a REALLY funny thing, some apps (like strokeit) will display the mouse draw correctly if I do it on that window. Presumably because it defaults to a non AERO theme window manager.
December 14, 2010 07:04AM
Could you tell us your Windows and StrokeIt version? Also did you have any previous versions of StrokeIt installed and have you uninstalled that or did you just installed the new version over the old one?
December 15, 2010 08:06AM
Also your monitor setup: how many and at what resolution, please.
January 16, 2011 04:25AM
Ok guys, FIGURED IT OUT.

It's related to the DPI, I had 120 DPI set and it was causing this issue.

So anyone else, if you've set your DPI higher than default, resetting it "fixes" the problem.

Maybe the developers can look into this.
January 20, 2011 10:46AM
That is good to know! I have seen similar issues come up on this forum on a regular basis, I think.
喔喔兒
April 10, 2011 12:55AM
that means , strokeit does not support higher DPI than default.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 18?