Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Serious crash when importing config

Posted by Benjamin Steiner 
Benjamin Steiner
Serious crash when importing config
September 17, 2010 10:51PM
Just discovered and immediately registered this great program, but one very annoying bug: when importing a saved config, StrokeIt only tries to add the entries from the .sxp file, it doesn't delete the current ones.

If an application already has an action with the same name, when importing it often crashes really bad, Windows becomes seriously unresponsive. For instance if you save the current config, change an action's gesture, then decide the old gesture was better so you load the saved config, the crash happens (StrokeIt 9.7 on on Windows 7 64 bit). This happens with both normal and pro versions.

And even when it doesn't crash, it is a problem: if you want to switch between two saved configs, you have to delete all entries of the current config before importing the new one, otherwise after importing they are blended together. Importing a config should replace the current one, not add to it.
Re: Serious crash when importing config
September 28, 2010 07:46AM
I agree that there should be a choice between adding and replacing. However I have never seen any crash of the kind you mention: on my computer, the same action is just replaced in that case, no crash.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 3?