Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

SwapMouseButton disables StrokeIt

Posted by MKairys 
SwapMouseButton disables StrokeIt
July 14, 2010 10:05AM
Dealing with some CTS issues, I am attempting to mouse with my left hand. In order to switch hands I must swap the left and right mouse buttons, so I wrote a small program that calls the Win32 API function SwapMouseButton. However running this program seems to disable Strokeit; once I've run my program once the editor comes up fine but it does not respond to strokes until it is restarted.
Re: SwapMouseButton disables StrokeIt
July 14, 2010 12:22PM
Why writing a program for that purpose? Windows natively supports swapping mouse buttons (though StrokeIt does not work with buttons swapped this way either).
July 17, 2010 03:28PM
Where at? There used to be a setting in the old XP mouse properties...

Anyway I was looking for a one-click solution, so I can swap hands back and forth easily.
July 17, 2010 04:36PM
It is still there, on the Buttons panel but it's definitely not a one-click solution. I don't think it was meant as a temporary solution but a setting for those who are true left handed.
July 18, 2010 08:22AM
There is not a "swap buttons" in my buttons panel, perhaps because I have Intellipoint. All I can do with my dialog is change the left and right button actions individually, about a half-a-dozen-click solution. Hence my program.

I agree, perhaps no one else but I would want to swap on a regular basis. I'm trying to rest my right hand and yet still get some work done :)
July 18, 2010 08:24AM
P.S. I still call this a StrokeIt bug (Jeff :)
July 18, 2010 12:36PM
A bug it is :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 17?