Contact Us

StrokeIt

Colored Line missing.

Posted by Tal 
Tal
Colored Line missing.
March 05, 2010 11:21AM
Hi,

I am a long time user and fan of Stroke-It. Recently (while running 0.96) my colored line disappeared. The tool still functions properly, and all the actions are performed as configured.

I tried turning the colored line option off then back on, I tried changing the color and the width, I tried disabling/enabling the tool, I tired exiting from Stroke-It completely - nothing worked. I also tried opening the "learn gestures" window, and testing for the line - the line is not there, but the gesture itself is recognized properly...

Then, I found out about the new release (0.97) and was hopeful that a new install would solve the problem, but it didn't (I did not uninstall the previous version prior to installing 0.97 - I simply installed over it).

I could not find any real reference to this issue, but I think it might be correlated (perhaps in a very round-about way) with installing Firefox 3.6, along with its personas plugin... I say this, since the line disappeared roughly at the same time I upgraded FF to 3.6.

Please help, as this is one of my all-time favorite productivity tools and I can't even begin to consider living without it.

Tal.
Re: Colored Line missing.
March 05, 2010 02:39PM
I had (and sometimes still have) the same issue. Please, see if either of these applies to you to any degree:

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?3,54070,54544#msg-54544
http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?3,53887,54107#msg-54107
Tal
March 05, 2010 03:20PM
Neither of these apply to me. The line does not appear even on the desktop. I have two monitors and the line does not appear on either of them. The tool works great on both monitors, even without the line.

Tal.
-GB-
March 05, 2010 04:24PM
FF has a mouse gesture plugin. Is it enabled? It might interefere (though, I do not recall anyone reporting that).
Piyush Soni
March 09, 2010 03:28PM
It happens to me a lot of times when the software "SolidWorks"(it might use OpenGL, overlaying and stuff) is running, the blue line stops drawing. Though it doesn't always happen, but whenever it does, the actions still execute. May be some compositing problem? (I don't know much about it)
As soon as I stop that software, the line recovers.

Thanks,
Piyush Soni
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 25?