Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Hotkey bug in new version

Posted by TigerSoul 
Hotkey bug in new version
January 11, 2010 10:00AM
Hi!

The new 9.7 version features a bug that wasn't present in 9.6. I have a hotkey setin one event that sends WIN-SHIFT-RIGHT and this ends up WIN-RIGHT only, no shift is applied, causing the wrong behavior. I'm on windows 7 both win-right and win-shift-right are standard shortcuts dealing with moving windows to the next monitor or rightalign it on a single monitor. Shift is ignored either way in the hotkey setting.

Kristian
Re: Hotkey bug in new version
January 11, 2010 11:11AM
If I create the same gesture and then use this [url=http://www.cgl.ucsf.edu/home/tef/wintools/#keyremap]keyview utility[/url], I can see that each keystroke is being sent by StrokeIt and received by the key viewer. Can you try the same and see if you see all the keys coming through?

Additionally, you may want to try the following commands, just to see if windows needs a little extra time to detect the SHIFT_DOWN command.

Keys: [SHIFT_DOWN]
Delay 200ms
Hotkey: Win+Right
Delay 200ms
Keys: [SHIFT_UP]

If the above works for you, please try decreasing the Delays until it breaks and let me know what "limit" you find.

-- Jeff
Piyush Soni
April 08, 2010 04:30PM
I am facing the exact same problem on Win7, in my dual monitor setup. This is used to move a window from primary to secondary window. How can we give delays like you mentioned?

Thanks,
Piyush Soni
April 08, 2010 04:58PM
You simply add a command called "Utilities - Sleep" in the StrokeIt action of your choice: if you have commands present below this Sleep command, they will only be executed after the delay. You could, for example, have this:

Minimize Window X
Sleep 300 (wait 0.3 seconds, to give the window time to minimize)
Keystrokes YZ
Restore Window X
October 28, 2010 08:33AM
Hi

Has anyone come up with a fix for this? I have tried Jeff's suggestion, even putting the delay up to 1000ms but it has not worked. This would be VERY useful to get working please. If it's any help, the multi monitor plugin doesn't work either for maximized applications (but the win + shift+ arrow shortcuts do)

Anyway while writing this, I've come up with a work around which is to put these commands under one action:

Windows - Maximize or Restore
Delay 100ms
Multimon - Next Monitor
Windows - Maximize or Restore

I hope that helps someone
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 1?