Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Activate Window command seems to be broken with StrokeIt window

Posted by gemisigo 
Activate Window command seems to be broken with StrokeIt window
December 19, 2009 06:51AM
I have a gesture that shows StrokeIt command editor window, moves it to a certain position and makes it always on top. It worked perfectly until now but it seems that the latest release has broken the "Activate Window" command.

My action is the following:

Command editor [ Delta ] {
gesture = Delta
New Command = sicontrol, show
New Command = win, activate "" "StrokeIt - Command Editor" "" "100"
New Command = win, move "750" "10"
New Command = utilities, AOT
}

The problem is that when I execute the gesture, StrokeIt command window is shown but it is the window that gets activated. It activates the window the gesture was executed in. Therefore this window is moved to that position and becomes always on top instead of StrokeIt command window.

After experimenting with "Wait for window to exist" setting of the "Activate Window" command it seems that it does not work as it should. I set it to 3000 (3 secs) but instead of summoning the command editor window and waiting 3 secs to activate it, it "delays" the previous command (show command editor window) which does not show up until the 3 secs expire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 02:22PM by Leo.
Leo
Re: Activate Window command seems to be broken
December 19, 2009 01:31PM
Activate window works on WinXP sp3 without problems.

Thanks

Leo
December 19, 2009 01:56PM
Have you tried exactly the same sequence of commands I described? Other than that case, Activate window works on Win7x64, too.

If you have the time (and nerves :), please, be so kind and create the action above and try it to see if it works. Prior to last release it worked correctly but it does not now. It might not be the reason why but I'd like to be sure.

EDIT: I made some further experiments and it seems that the only case it does not work is when StrokeIt command editor window is hidden (I mean closed).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 02:01PM by gemisigo.
Leo
December 19, 2009 02:20PM
Hello Jeff and gemisigo,

Bug confirmed with StrokeIt command window closed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2009 02:23PM by Leo.
Re: Activate Window command seems to be broken with StrokeIt window
December 20, 2009 04:33PM
This should be fixed in the newest build.

-- Jeff
Re: Activate Window command seems to be broken with StrokeIt window
December 20, 2009 04:49PM
It is indeed. Thanks, Jeff.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 16 plus 18?