Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt Win7 64-bit "Process Stopped Working"

Posted by Manick 
Manick
StrokeIt Win7 64-bit "Process Stopped Working"
October 27, 2009 06:39PM
I'm using the retail final version of Win7 Pro 64-bit. Sometimes (a few times a day), when I'm using gestures, I will get a message that the program has stopped working. Then, I cannot click on anything (not even the button to close StrokeIt on the dialog). All I can do is Ctrl-Alt-Delete. When I start task manager, it starts but is frozen and I cannot end the strokeit or explorer process. When I hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete again, I can hit the Log-off button, and my Windows session will log off, and I can log back in with everything responding again. This is a burden as it can cause me to lose work.

I've been using StrokeIt personal for many years, and hope to continue using it in the future.

Thanks,
M
Manick
Re: StrokeIt Win7 64-bit "Process Stopped Working"
October 27, 2009 06:45PM
I found some information in the Windows Event Log:

Faulting application name: strokeit.exe, version: 0.9.6.0, time stamp: 0x4a37db8e
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdb3b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003317f
Faulting process id: 0x414
Faulting application start time: 0x01ca55f8fb43dbd3
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Manick\AppData\Local\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\Bin\strokeit.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
October 27, 2009 07:35PM
Hi, Manick,

Thanks for the feedback. I think you should try the .9.7 beta posted in the General forum. It's quite stable and I've fixed a number of bugs due to the crash reports that testers have sent in.

If the beta is still crashing for you, send me any crash reports in the %APPDATA%\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\CrashRpt folder. My email address is in the about box.

-- Jeff
Manick
November 01, 2009 04:20PM
Thanks jeff, that seems to have fixed the problem.

In addition, I've noticed that for some programs, such as WinSCP and ConTeXT, when I use the "Minimize" gesture (down and to the left), the applications will not minimize to the task bar. Rather, they will minimize to a small window right above the Start button that has the mini icon, the name of the program, and the restore, maximize, and close buttons.

For your reference, WinSCP is pinned to my task bar, but ConTeXT is not. This doesn't happen for other applications like Firefox, Trillian, Windows Media Player, Notepad, PuTTY, etc.

This is inconvenient because I need to click the Restore or Maximize button in order to restore the program. Previously, I would be able to click on the button in the task bar to re-maximize the application. Also for your reference, I'm using the Windows Classic theme with Windows 7. I'm not a fan of Aero.

Thank you.
Yea, the freezing issue just happened to me the other day, too. I thought it was just a one time thing but I guess this means that it was a general bug.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 18?