Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Using gestures to copy and paste within StrokeIt's editor doesn't work.

Posted by Cerberus 
Using gestures to copy and paste within StrokeIt's editor doesn't work.
October 23, 2009 11:42AM
I have Copy set to Up, and Paste to Down. This works perfectly. Except when I am editing actions in StrokeIt: if I copy a command and paste it somewhere else by using gestures, often part of the command will be empty. I remember this happening when copying the command On Screen Text.

Eaxmple:
I made a command to display "Open Firefox" on the screen; then copied and pasted it in into another action; the new command was an On Screen Text command, like the original, but the field of what text it should display was empty, and the field of what position on the screen it should be displayed at (center, top, bottom) was empty, too.

This never happens when I copy and paste the same command by right-click > copy &c.

StrokeIT v. 0.96
Windows XP Pro SP3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 11:43AM by Cerberus.
Re: Using gestures to copy and paste within StrokeIt's editor doesn't work.
March 15, 2010 05:22PM
Update. Using 0.97 Pro now.

This issue had been there for a while. As long as I just didn't select my OSD commands, they remained healthy most of the time; when I selected one, it would often show some empty fields, or garbled text. This problem was worsened when I installed GDI++, a font smoothing tool: from then on, every time I made a gesture with an unhealthy OSD, StrokeIt would give an error: "couldn't create region". I needed to press OK in a StrokIt message box, and then the commands were executed as they should; this happened every time I made a gesture with such a corrupted OSD.
Reloading my Exports file would sometimes temporarily solve the problem, but it would return. Changing the OSD command by hand also helped temporarily only. Not also that the same error would sometimes also pop up while the text wasn't empty or garbled in the menus.

I then found & replaced the following in the exported file and reloaded it:
- I changed all
Text = osd, OSD "Arial"
into
Text = osd, OSD  "Arial"
That is, I added an extra space, because I saw that in new OSD entries I made.
- I changed all
Text = osd, OSD "" "Arial"
into
Text = osd, OSD  "Arial"
I removed one or two lines of garbled text that had made it into the Export file (the garbled text was usually only visible in the StrokeIt menu).
But I still got the error messages.
- I then changed all OSD font sizes into 96.
For now the error seems gone, but that has happened before; I'll see whether it will return.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 05:26PM by Cerberus.
Re: Using gestures to copy and paste within StrokeIt's editor doesn't work.
April 06, 2010 10:42PM
Update: I haven't changed anything since my last post, and all is working as it should, thank the gods. Apparently my export file somehow got corrupt; perhaps it is because my StrokeIt configuration is built around a many-years-old core of exports. I am very happy that it works now.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 20?