Contact Us

StrokeIt

.9.5 to .9.6 Upgrade issue

Posted by Tal 
Tal
.9.5 to .9.6 Upgrade issue
October 14, 2009 03:27PM
Hi,

I just upgraded from .9.5 to .9.6 and lost all my customized applications. the list I get when I open StrokeIt was the default list. The installation created a new folder called "OldData" which still holds all my original information, but I couldn't get Stroke It to use the CFG Action files. I noticed that a folder called "Default" had the same list I was getting in StrokeIt, so I tried shutting down StrokeIt completely, and renaming "OldData" to "Default" but to no avail.

I finally found that the Action and Gesture lists have moved to a folder called "TCB Networks\StrokeIt" under the "Application Data" folder in the user's document folder. When I replaced the "Actions" and "Gestures" folders there, all was right in the world again...

Is this a bug or a feature? You decide...

[Win XP, SP3, Intel Core2 Duo, E8400 @3GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX-570 256MB w/ Dual monitors]

Tal
-GB-
Tal
Re: .9.5 to .9.6 Upgrade issue
October 14, 2009 03:31PM
One thing I forgot to mention is that I upgraded by overwriting the current EXE file in the original folder, while StrokeIt was still running. The upgrade did not complain about the tool still being run. It closed it promptly (without notification) and continued along its merry path, up to the end of the install and the horror of realizing I may have lost years of configuration, literally...

I still think this is the best tool out there and will not move to any new computer without it!

Tal
-GB-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 13?