Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Sending keys still has bugs

Posted by gemisigo 
Sending keys still has bugs
September 08, 2009 06:21AM
I wanted to type "D:\Temp\Whatever\" into a textbox in a save dialog and paste a filename from a clipboard (which is the first line in a text area) after that, so I made three "Send keystrokes" commands as the following:

1. [CTRL_DOWN]ac[ALT_DOWN]s[ALT_UP][CTRL_UP]
this one opens the "Save as..." dialog
2. D:\\Temp\Whatever\\
this should enter the path. Yes, I know I could have done it in a single step. It's in a separate command so I can change it easily if needed.
3. [CTRL_DOWN]v[CTRL_UP].txt
paste the file name type the extension after it

Now, there are two problems.
The first one is that if I select any other command and then select the second one again, it gets drained so its new content is "D:\Temp\Whatever\"

Repeating switching again it gets even more drained and I'm left with "D:TempWhatever\". The two backslashes after the drive letter and in the middle of the path are completely destroyed but the last one at the end of the path remains. No more erosions after this step.

The second problem is that even if I do not select it again, just close the command editor and execute the command it only types "D:TempWhatever\" into the textbox. The cfg file contains "New Command = keys, keys ZD:\\Temp\Whatever\\" though.
Re: Sending keys still has bugs
September 16, 2009 04:13PM
Good catch, thanks for reporting this!

This should be fixed in the newest build.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 11?