Contact Us

StrokeIt

Hidden stroke

Posted by Toby Sheppard 
Toby Sheppard
Hidden stroke
July 22, 2009 06:03PM
Hi all
It appears that the stroke \down is a global action which closes the active window ?
I have disabled it in all the apps that use it but it still operates in this way.
Is it possible that the bin file is corrupted ? How do I restore a fresh version of it ?

Many thanks
Toby Sheppard
Re: Hidden stroke
July 23, 2009 06:23AM
Search all the.cfg files in your Actions folder for "gesture = \ Down" and see if it isn't defined somewhere. Are you sure it isn't in Default.cfg?
Toby Sheppard
July 26, 2009 01:30AM
Hi MKairys
I am not sure how to search the Actions folder as it is a binary file.
I have looked and looked in the default actions folder and I cant see it there. This problem began when I upgraded to the new version.
July 26, 2009 03:38PM
The file you are talking about and the one that is binary is called strokes.bin and it's in Gestures folder. If that gets corrupted then much more aggressive errors would result e.g. the program crashes. The files MKairys asked you to take a look at are plain text config files with extension .cfg and they are located in the Actions folder.

If there aren't any entries in any files having "gesture = \ Down" then it is possible, that you taught StrokeIt to identify "\Down" as another gesture which is linked to closing active window by one of your config files (possibly default.cfg). "\Down" does not do that by default as far as I know and it is definitely not hard-coded to do that.
Toby Sheppard
July 28, 2009 07:42PM
Thank you very much.
You were right ....my stroke it had learned some bad habits ! !
It thought \ was Z
Must have been the bad teacher it had LOL
All is well now.

Many many thanks
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 10?