Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

no strokes but right click

Posted by Toby 
Toby
no strokes but right click
May 05, 2004 02:10AM
The past year I've been using a tablet instead of a mouse in combination with strokeit. It worked great, never had any trouble with it. Installed on it was WinXP professional edition.
Yesterday I re-installed my computer, with the same WinXP. However, if I choose "draw gestures by choosing left button" (which I want with my pen), the left mouse button becomes in truns: left (mouse button) - right (mouse button) - left - right -... (U know where this is heading;) ) And there are no signs.
I think this is very wierd, especially since i havent't made major changes on my computer; hardware is the same, windows is the same, most programs and drivers are the same..
can anyone help me with this, because I really would like to keep using this program !

Toby

p.s. I'm not the only one, a friend of mine has the same problem.
Dave P
Re: no strokes but right click
June 14, 2004 02:57PM
Do you use a Wacom tablet? Around that time, Wacom posted an updated driver which Windows Update offered to download. If you have Windows Update set to automatic (the default) it may have installed the new driver.

I don't use a tablet but, rather, a tablet PC. The new driver caused various odd problems. I eventually deleted all the user interface devices from the Windows control panel and let Windows discover them from scratch. That seemed to solve the problem.

Dave
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 18?