Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt and 64bit programs

Posted by gnz 
gnz
StrokeIt and 64bit programs
October 30, 2008 11:46AM
Sorry, I mis-posted this as a general topic, posting again where it belongs:

I've recently migrated to Windows XP 64 bit and I've been noticing that sometimes 64bit applications will immediately close upon making a strokeit stroke over them. There's no crash, no error messages, nothing, the window goes 'poof' and so does the process thread.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've so far confirmed with: Mozilla Minefield 64, Photoshop CS4 64bit, any Java application runing on JRE6 64bit.

Im running on an nVidia Quadro card and tried with various recent nvidia drivers.

A bit more info:

Im entering strokes using the 'middle mouse' button, drawing the stroke on screen is disabled.

I've used strokeit for many years now, Im totally addicted, and this is the very first time I'm having any problems with it... I really hope to find help, otherwise I'll just have to stop using 64bit apps :)

Thanks.
jack
Re: StrokeIt and 64bit programs
June 25, 2009 11:27AM
I can confirm that this bug exists on Windows 7 RC in the 64bit edition of Internet Explorer.
Greg
Re: StrokeIt and 64bit programs
September 28, 2009 09:06AM
I am having a similar problem with windows xp 64 bit, I am using the right mouse button so not only does drawing a gesture cause a crash but when I try to right click some programs they crash including windows event viewer and sysinternals Process Explorer.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 8?