Contact Us

StrokeIt

strokeit doesnt learn it

Posted by blubb_fallo 
blubb_fallo
strokeit doesnt learn it
July 15, 2003 12:07PM
Hello,

I ´ve tryed to teach strokeit a "mirror C" and "mirror C reversed" gesture very often , but it doesnt recognize it at all. By an accident I found that strokeit gets an idea of what I mean when I draw a gesture I never teached: an entire circle (starting at 9 o´clock, (counter)clockwise) - strokeit suggests this to be a "mirror C (reversed)" then. But whenever I draw a "mirror C (reversed)" correctly (it´s a very simple gesture, half a circle (counter)clockwise, starting at 6 (12) o´clock), strokeit still reads this as "Y (reversed)" - even after 84(!) times of "learning" it. (Yes, I counted it. :))

My "mirror C" and "Y" gestures are quite different:
The gestures "Y" and "Y reversed" consist of two parts, where the upper one is curved concavely (related to the center of the gesture). Between this two parts should be a convex angle up right. If the gesture it curved convexly only and there is no sharp angle up right, I want it to be "mirror C (reversed)". I wonder if there´s a bug in the learning prog, because the gesture recognizing engine can distinguish much trickier differences.

Even though a great tool!

blubb_fallo
blubb_fallo
Re: strokeit doesnt learn it
July 15, 2003 12:39PM
One more strange behaviour: also if I draw a "4" (Up, Down-left, Right (crossing the "up" stroke)) strokeit asks if this might be my "mirror C reversed". I seem to have confused the recognizing engine with my 84 "mirror C reversed" lessons.
Jeff
Re: strokeit doesnt learn it
July 29, 2003 04:20PM
Hi, blubb,

This bug will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for finding it. For right now, you could edit your strokes.bin file and move your "Mirror C" gestures to the top of the file.

-- Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 8?