Contact Us

StrokeIt

standby monitor problem

Posted by S. Affleck 
S. Affleck
standby monitor problem
July 10, 2003 06:21PM
Hi,

I've been using StokeIt for a few months now and am quite impressed.

I can get the 'standby monitor' command to work but when strokeIt restarts, it no longer functions at all. After restarting the StrokeIt, the command is still there in the gui, but it has a question mark beside it and the corresponding listbox is empty. I checked the settings file and the 'standby monitor' command seems to have been saved correctly so I assume the error occurs when parsing\loading from the settings file?

Windows Desktop.cfg :

Screen {
gesture = S
Standby Monitor = utilities, Standby Monitors

Thanks,

S. Affleck
Scott
Re: standby monitor problem
July 15, 2003 12:39PM
As a temporary solution until this bug gets resolved, you can use the Run command, run StandBy (which is the app that I wrote that inspired the StrokeIt command) available [url=http://www.redrubberball.net/software/YaBB.pl?board=standby;action=display;num=1042512119]here[/url].

-Scott
S. Affleck
July 21, 2003 03:28PM
Thanks Scott, good stuff!
LBt1st
July 23, 2003 09:23AM
Ah great. I was just about to report this bug when I saw this.

Something I'll mention too if you don't want to make the ini file to set a delay you can add a delay command in strokit (so you'll have a delay command and the run command for standby under the same action). This way you can set the delay in miliseconds if a full second is too long (500ms seems plenty).

Great standby app btw!

-LBt1st
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.