Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt sometimes forgets to release CTRL or ALT keys!

Posted by Allen 
StrokeIt sometimes forgets to release CTRL or ALT keys after performing a gesture, and I have to manually press the CTRL or ALT keys on my keyboard to 'reset' them. Otherwise, the CTRL or ALT keys remains in down state and cause problems with input. Can this be fixed?

I'm running on WinXP SP2 on Athlon 64 4000+ CPU, 3GB RAM.
I got the same problem on Windows Vista SP1 Ultimate, but StrokeIt only forget to release ALT key.

When I double-click an icon in Explorer and the properties window came out, I know it happens again. But just press the ALT doesn't solve the problem. My solution is, press Alt + Tab, if that doesn't even work, just press Win + L to lock workstation, and log on again.
Michael Nix
Re: StrokeIt sometimes forgets to release CTRL or ALT keys!
February 10, 2009 01:42PM
I've the same problem for years now and I'm very unhappy that I'm sofar that I don't want to use StrokeIt any more. It is a the usefullest program I'd ever had and so it is very tearily that the programmers let die it of hunger. No Update for 4 years, no answer to Allens Post since 09/2008...-StrokeIt dies slowly and torturous -it is staggering :(
Try disabling some plugins. One of the plugins is the culprit.
I thought I fixed the problem by disabling all of the unneeded plugins, But It came back after a couple of minutes. The plugin that needs to be fixed is the keyboard shortcut plugin.

So, I didn't fix it in the end. Disabling and then re enabling the plugin helps a bit, but it's futile.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 24?