Contact Us

StrokeIt

Startup error with .9.2 pre 6-mar-2003

Posted by Dale Hohm 
Dale Hohm
Startup error with .9.2 pre 6-mar-2003
March 08, 2003 12:16PM
Jeff,

I copied this issue from the General forum here to bugs so that the .9.2 pre thread didn't get confusing.

I have now done a complete remove of StrokeIt (including actions, gestures). I insured that the Reg Key in Current User\Software was no longer there and searched my disks for *kmeleon* and found nothing.

I reinstalled .9.2 pre with a typical install (I don't think I've ever installed the kmeleon plugin). Unfortunately, I still get the error below.

Another odd thing is that if I shut down StrokeIt from its menu I get one of those Windows XP popups about an error occurring and do I want to send an error report to Microsoft. If it would be helpful I can post the technical details from this error report here.

Thanks,

Dale

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When starting the new version I get an alert window (red circle, white X) with the following in the title bar and only an OK button in the body:

D:\Program Files\Strokeit\Strings\kmeleon\default.lng

Click OK and StokeIt starts and seems to run fine.

Dale
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Jeff (---.as0.btck.mi.voyager.net)
Date: 03-07-03 11:09

Dale,

Thanks for the report. I'm not thisd on a clean install, so I suspect that sometime earlier you installed the kmeleon plugin and that on uninstallation, the strings\kmeleon directory was removed, but the kmeleon.dll plugin was not. I'll see if there's anything suspicious in the uninstaller that may cause this to happen.

-- Jeff
Jeff
Re: Startup error with .9.2 pre 6-mar-2003
March 08, 2003 12:29PM
Dale,

You're right. I'm seeing this now, too, and I'm pretty sure I've got it fixed now.

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff
March 08, 2003 05:48PM
> Another odd thing is that if I shut down StrokeIt from its menu I get one of
> those Windows XP popups about an error occurring and do I want to send
> an error report to Microsoft. If it would be helpful I can post the technical
> details from this error report here.

Can you try the latest .9.2 build (8 March), and let me know if you're still seeing this?

Thanks,

Jeff
Dale Hohm
March 10, 2003 10:46PM
All is well for me with this latest .9.2 pre

F and T work properly
No more error message about kmeleon on startup
no more error when shutting down StrokeIt
And a reinstall even remembers the last install directory

Well done and thank-you!

Dale
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 4 plus 25?