Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

e-mail won't open

Posted by drrusty 
drrusty
e-mail won't open
May 03, 2008 10:16AM
When I first started using stroke it an M would open my outlook express. Now it gives me an error message that says it can't find '"ProgramFIles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"/mailurl:%1'. Haven't changed anything and don't know why it started doing this. Other than that I love this thing. My daughter told me the other day she gets mad at the computers at school because they don't have it!

RB <><
Re: e-mail won't open
May 05, 2008 09:21AM
Well that's a puzzle, if nothing has changed...

Since you're getting to the error message it seems your gesture is being interpreted correctly and the action is executing... You should verify the pathname in the action definition; what you typed is not quite correct, although I assume it's your typing :) It should read something like "%programfiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"/mailurl:%1

You could test that pathname by starting a command prompt and pasting the pathname into it. If it works that way it should also work in StrokeIt; if it doesn't perhaps you can figure out why.
Rusty
May 07, 2008 09:50AM
Didn't set up this gesture. It is the one that loaded with the download, and it won't let me change it.

RB <><
Craig
July 03, 2009 07:00AM
I'm having exactly the same problem, and it has never worked for me...

Running WinXP SP3, fully updated, on an eMachines computer about 5 years old, I've tried using the Finder Tool, and it returns exactly the same result.

Other than that, this is an interesting tool, just starting to use it, and like it quite a bit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

CB
Craig
July 03, 2009 07:16AM
Actually, just found the solution in an older forum post... :)

Go to 'Global Actions', then 'Run E-Mail', then select 'E-Mail Client', choose 'Run - Run Program', browse for the file at 'C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe', choose that setting, then close everything, and it should fix your problem!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 9?