Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Close window (Alt+F4)

Posted by mhe 
mhe
Close window (Alt+F4)
October 02, 2002 12:53PM
<HTML>The close window function is one of the most used features by me, minimize is also used frequently.

Anyway, on some sites the close window dont work, even though if you press alt+f4 manually it works just perfect, how is this?

http://sweclockers.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91933

Go to that url and use the close window feature.

There is also some apps that responds odd to the minimize feature. The best way would be if it simulates a mousebutton push on the taskbar for the specific application.

Hope you guys understand me :)

Anyway this program is a must have, cant live without it. So all credits to you guys!</HTML>
Scott
Re: Close window (Alt+F4)
October 02, 2002 03:06PM
<HTML>That URL closes just fine for me when using the Close Window command.

To simulate a mousebutton push on the taskbar would require a registered plugin, I believe. You might want to try setting a more elaborate set of keystrokes to navigate the menus for the application which is causing you problems, or sending WM_CLOSE to its window handle.

Glad you like the program. :)

-Scott</HTML>
mhe
October 03, 2002 02:08AM
<HTML>Your right the url closes fine if your not logged in. But it dont if your logged in, but alt+f4 still works if you press them manually.. odd.

I tried wm_close and it worked perfect!

Yeah one more thing. The "windows-resize" feature could be more useful if it worked like logitechs mouseware does.
Basically you will get to manually adjust the window size, it holds the down-right corner and you move the mouse to shape the window after you release the button the shape is fixated.
I used it alot before but now i have a different mouse so no more mouseware.</HTML>
Scott
October 03, 2002 02:24AM
<HTML>I'm glad that the WM_CLOSE solution worked for you.

To do your window resizing, try creating a gesture to send the following keystrokes to the application:

[alt_down][alt_up]
[down]s
[down]

You should then be able to move the mouse to resize the window, and then left-click to stop resizing.

-Scott</HTML>
mhe
October 03, 2002 05:12AM
<HTML>lovely it works.. But now in all programs though, try outlook express :)

Thanks again</HTML>
dottrix
February 22, 2003 09:09AM
This keystroke set will work much better for resizing and will work with outlook.

[alt_down][space][alt_up]s
[down]

Alt+SpaceBar is the best way to always access a window (restore/move/size/close/etc) menu.

Dottrix

JonasN
March 06, 2003 07:21AM
Just thought i'd let you know, another site that the default close window function doesn't seem to work in is [url=http://www.msn.com.]http://www.msn.com.[/url]

/Jonas
Jørn Trebbien
March 27, 2003 03:48AM
Hey there,

I must be a little slow, but how's that "WM_CLOSE" thing done? I have done various attempts, but have not yet managed to figure it out?! A little help would be appreciated :o)

/Jørn

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 6?