Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

crash if built in gesture deleted and recreated

Posted by sposes 
sposes
crash if built in gesture deleted and recreated
October 30, 2005 08:58PM
Seems that StrokeIt will crash if you delete a built in gesture then try to re create it later, if the conditions are right:

The instruction at "0x77e7650d" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read".

To recreate the crash:

Bring up the command editor.
Under Chat Programs Highlight "Big Smiley [D]"
Click plus beside it.
Edit->Learn Gestures
Under 'Save As' drop down and select the gesture, D in our case.
Click the Remove Gesture and Confirm.
Close the window.
Edit->Learn Gestures.
New Gesture.
Type the gesture, D in our case.
-> it will either crash now or continue
Click Learn
-> now it will either crash or continue
Draw the gesture

If it does not crash by now it isn't going to, most of the time it does, 90% of the time, but rarely it will alow you to recreate the built in gesture you deleted earlyer. Otherwise you will have to create it when you relaunch the program.

I discovered this because I was training the gesture I to recognize my stroke, but Down kept getting detected, so I deleted Down and went through my list of actions looking for Down refernces to change when it first crashed.

Seems to have something to do with you deleteing a gesture that an action is already assigned to, then trying to recreate the gesture while that action is selected.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 6?