Contact Us

StrokeIt

Minimize To Tray

Posted by dapobe 
dapobe
Minimize To Tray
February 04, 2003 07:29AM
<HTML>Hello

There is no room in Minimize To Tray window to put all the text. It only holds 2 lines and I need 3 or more for the translation.

In english version, the 'restore' option also needs one more line.

thanks

Dapobe</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Minimize To Tray
February 04, 2003 09:21AM
<HTML>You are absolutely correct. Let's truncate those strings to be:

Minimize an application to the system tray.

and

Restore all minimized applications in the tray.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Scott
February 04, 2003 09:45AM
<HTML>My bad.

-Scott</HTML>
dapobe
February 04, 2003 10:16AM
<HTML>Ok, I've made the corrections, but I still have a problem:

"Tray" in spanish is 'Barra de herramientas del sistema" so I still need more room :-)

I've put an anglicism to my translation. Sorry for the spanish and catalan purist... ;-)

thanks

Dapobe</HTML>
Dennis
February 05, 2003 06:25AM
<HTML>Dapobe: I know that you guys call the Tray that way, but in the Spanish Windows Help and stuff, the Tray is still called tray... I'm not spanish but I speak some catalan ;)

What about you call it Barra sistema, thats short enough and everybody should know what you mean... or even better... call it TRAY :-D

greets fly out from
Dennis</HTML>
dapobe
February 06, 2003 05:01AM
<HTML>Hi

També el saps llegir, Dennis?

I call it 'Tray' in my translations. In Catalan or Spanish, it's not possible to call it 'Barra Sistema', it sounds artificial.

We must call it 'barra DEL sistema', adding 5 chars and making our third undesired line.

Window's help files talk about 'barra de tareas'. Is the bottom bar where Start Button (Botón de Inicio) is in. But there is no any reference for the area where the clock is placed (the tray area).

I call it 'barra del sistema' because all icons there are system refered (clock, lan, etc...)

So I think its better to call it Tray in this case. It's shorter and everybody knows where is it. (except purists ;-)

Dapobe</HTML>
Ruben
February 11, 2003 11:58AM
<HTML>Hi!!

I would like to learn more about sending programs to the system tray, because I would like to write a program that minimizes selected programs to systray at startup.
Is it possible to have a look on the sourcecode of the Minimize to Tray - plugin?

Thanks a lot
Ruben</HTML>
pyranha
February 26, 2003 06:24AM
hi

I tryed to use the minimize to tray plugin in german, but it wouldn't work. A friend of mine just found out, that the plugin contains a wrong lng-file. It's the lng-file of "multimon" ...

so i had to copy the english lng-file and rename it to "deutsch.lng". It's not german now, but it works. ;)

greets from Switzerland, pyranha

kohoutec
April 07, 2003 05:23PM
Sorry for being so dumb :) but how do I use this plugin? ie How do I actually minimise an application to the tray, i cant find any info anywhere.
Apologies again for such a daft question!
anthor
May 06, 2003 04:44AM
Yes a bit of documentation would be helpful, but I think I just found it. Since nothing comes preconfigured, you have to configure your own gesture for a program (or general) an associate it with the command "Minimize to Tray"

Personally I used in General [M] for Minimize to Tray and [M Reversed] for Restore all

BTW great Prog and thx for keeping it free
Scott
May 06, 2003 10:11AM
Thanks for the support, guys. And sorry for the poor documentation. I just didn't think that it really needed any.

-Scott
Raymond
May 12, 2003 02:35AM
Scott you really should stop saying sorry so much :)

Thanks HEAPS for making this, I only got it last night and now I feel restricted when I'm using other computers without it installed.
Scott
May 12, 2003 09:25AM
Fine. Screw you guys! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MAKE YOUR OWN!

Just playin'. ;-) I'm glad you like it.

-Scott
Arnoud
June 06, 2003 11:11AM
I have a problem, StrokeIt crashes each time I use the plugin, after which I cannot get my minimized applications back :P
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 15?