Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

SendMsg Plugin Improvement

Posted by ferzal 
ferzal
SendMsg Plugin Improvement
January 13, 2002 10:16AM
<HTML>Is it possible to allow for more information than just the classname in the SendMessage Utility? I'm having some troubles with apps that don't or can't use unique classnames for all child windows.
In my case I want to send messages to a few apps that hide themselves and then reside in the system tray. I'm finding I have to send messages to TPUtilWindow classname.
I know nothing about programming obviously so I don't know whether it's slack programming not giving the window a unique name or whether it's some requirement in windows but there are a good half dozen TPUtilWindow's at any given time and there's no way to specify which one I wish to send to. If I could also specify the executable the problem would be sorted.</HTML>
ferzal
Re: SendMsg Plugin Improvement
January 29, 2002 11:21PM
<HTML>Further to this:

Same goes for child class names. I cannot send commands to appropriate windows since I can't specify the parent. Being able to specify parent then child class names would help in some situations but Exe and class name as is allowed in general stroke it application recognition would be best.

There's a whole stack of things I can't do because of these limitations. This improvement would extend StrokeIt functionality out of sight.</HTML>
Jeff
January 30, 2002 12:00AM
<HTML>You can, of course, write your own plugins to do this. It's really, really easy. The source for the current sendmessage plugin is on the plugins page. The real power of strokeit is through plugins.

If I've got some time, I'll see what I can do, but there are several other improvements that will definitely come before this.

-- Jeff</HTML>
ferzal
February 23, 2002 08:38PM
<HTML>You absolute legend. I noticed the plugin has been improved.

Thanks a ton!!</HTML>
Georg
March 16, 2003 08:30AM
Hi Jeff!

You wrote
"The source for the current sendmessage plugin is on the plugins page."

But on
[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/plugins.shtml]http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/plugins.shtml[/url]
I do not find it :-(

Did you mean another page?

Regards, Georg

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 3?