Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StokeIt + background windows

Posted by ChemZ 
ChemZ
StokeIt + background windows
May 18, 2011 05:12AM
First off: Fantastic program! Use it and never looked back.

My suggestion: make StokeIt recognize which window is under the mouse cursor when drawing (start click), then send commands to that window.

Reason: I use Q-Dir (a quad-window file manager) and use StrokeIt to move forward/backwards though the directories. The problem is if you want to do that through a particular window, that window first needs to be in foreground (focussed), not background.

eg: say if one of the top window is in the foreground, and I draw back/forward on one of the bottom windows... it's the top focussed window that moves. Slightly annoying!

It would be convenient if StrokeIt knew which window you are drawing on then work with that window, foreground or background.

Cheers and Thank You for your work.
ChemZ
Re: StokeIt + background windows
May 18, 2011 05:53AM
Just thought about it more and maybe there's an easier way.

When you click to start drawing, maybe StrokeIt can bring that window under the mouse into the foreground first. Maybe?
Joe
Re: StokeIt + background windows
May 20, 2011 09:49AM
You could use an [url=http://www.autohotkey.com]AutoHotkey[/url] script to focus the control at the right click position where the gesture starts:

#IfWinActive, ahk_class ATL:0000000140154880  ; Q-Dir window class
~RButton::                                    ; on right mouse click
MouseGetPos, , , , ControlAtMousePos          ; get control at mouse position
ControlFocus, %ControlAtMousePos%             ; and focus this control
Return

I didn't try, but I think it would also be possible to send keystrokes to Q-Dir controls in background.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 6?