Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Max/Restore the dialog boxes

Posted by 54tc 
Max/Restore the dialog boxes
December 16, 2010 03:25AM
Hi,there

When I use some software,I often draw \Up to send Ctrl+O to open new files(this will pop-up a dialog box),then draw /Up to Max the doalog box in order to see more files.But it doesn't work~~~I knew the highsign(another mouse gestures)can handle this.

So,I add a new app which class name is #32770 (#32770 is the default class name for dialog boxes) into the StrokeIt,and still has no effect at all.
Any good ideas?

Thanks and best regards :-)
54tc
Re: Max/Restore the dialog boxes
December 16, 2010 04:11AM
Perhaps :)
Not all dialog windows allow resizing themselves. It's easy to tell the difference by looking at the icon in the upper right corner of the window, next to the X that closes it.

If it is not there, then in most of the cases the command is executed by the parent window (the application that has the Open dialog) and you can see that window to maximize/restore below the dialog.
Even if a window does not allow resizing it does not mean it is not possible. That other probably uses the ShowWindow function to set the size of the window. The Pro version of StrokeIt can do that using Lua.

If it is there, the dialog window should obey to the Window - Maximize or Restore command in StrokeIt. If it does not then it might be something specific to your machine.
December 16, 2010 06:33PM
Perhaps this is not what you need, but there are programs that automatically make the save dialogue boxes larger in Windows. I am using OpenWide, and Flashfolder, which is awesome for other reasons too.
December 16, 2010 10:03PM
@gemisigo

You are right,some dialog boxes do not allow resizing.But what I Feel strange is why the Highsign can resizing almost all the dialog boxes,include those strokeit cannot resizing~~~

The Lua Plugins you mentioned is likely to slove this problem.
http://websvn.tcbmi.com/listing.php?repname=StrokeIt+Plugins&

PS:
It's not just the Max/Restore command didn't affect the dialog boxes,but other instructions.The problem seem to lie in the spy process,Strokeit cannot identify some windows include some dialog boxes.
December 16, 2010 10:09PM
@Cerberus
The point is resizing~~~
Thanks for your advice,and I'll try the software you said.
December 17, 2010 02:53AM
Yes, it's most likely the spy process that is responsible here. It does not catch the dialog but the application that created it. I created a Lua script for that uses gesture.hwnd() to acquire the window handle to the dialog but it still gets the handle of the dialog owner, so Lua might not solve this issue.

You should post a bug report at [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/bugs]here[/url]. As long as it gets fixed (if it does at all, Jeff seems to be absent again :) you could use the apps Cerberus suggested.
December 17, 2010 09:07PM
Do as you say.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 6?