Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

[Hold LButton, Click RButton]

Posted by Matt 
Matt
[Hold LButton, Click RButton]
December 12, 2009 04:16AM
This is a gesture in Opera used for "forward".

Is there anyway to have one (or some) gesture that is drawn by holding the LButton while the others are drawn by holding the RButton?

I've just found your software and have used it to implement Opera gestures in Chrome, and am very happy with it'. I've got most of the Opera gestures working, including"back" which is [Hold RButton, Click LButton] but I'm missing out on the "forward" gesture.

Thanks
Leo
Re: [Hold LButton, Click RButton]
December 12, 2009 05:48AM
Hello Matt,

Welcome to the forum. Hold LButton, Click RButton this is called "Rocker" gesture and this will not be implemented. Discussed before for example [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?3,2589,2610]here[/url] advanced search "rocker" all days. If you want this you have to install another instance of a "mouse gesture" program.
An alternative is [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?4,4066,4107]this one[/url] with autohotkey.
Bye the way I want this too :).

Thanks for your interest.

Leo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2009 06:50AM by Leo.
August 19, 2010 11:57AM
This is now implemented or not?
January 05, 2011 08:14PM
Hi, actually it's very simple.

Add gesture in Opera's mouse preferences
FlipForward and Action Forward and there you have it. Click left button and then right and you go forward.
For Back you can use Strokeit.
January 06, 2011 11:47AM
Can Opera pick up the rocker gestures while StrokeIt is monitoring the right mouse button? I haven't tested. By the way, I think the OP was looking to do this in Chrome.
January 06, 2011 05:08PM
You don't press RMB first, first you press left, then right. I have disabled gestures in opera, and still this feature works fine, so there can be no interference between opera's gestures and strokeit.
Joe
January 07, 2011 04:43AM
Rivendell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have disabled gestures in opera, and
> still this feature works fine,

Opera has an extra setting for this:

opera:config#UserPrefs|EnableMouseFlips

Hold left + click right doesn't interfere with StrokeIt, but hold right + click left does.
January 07, 2011 05:47PM
Ah OK, got it.
xieranmaya
May 26, 2011 04:55AM
Actually I know how to do this
You can not add this gestures in Graphic User Interface.
But you can add it by edit the *.sxp config file.
First, export the certain config to a *.sxp file.
then edit the file, if you want [Rhold,Lclick], edit it like this:

Zoom In[CTRL+=] {
gesture = WHEEL_UP
gesture = RBUTTON_DOWN
CTRL+\= = keys, hotkey "[CTRL_DOWN]=[CTRL_UP]"
}
Zoom Out[CTRL+-] {
gesture = RBUTTON_DOWN
gesture = WHEEL_DOWN
CTRL+- = keys, hotkey "[CTRL_DOWN]-[CTRL_UP]"
}
Close Tab {
gesture = RBUTTON_DOWN
gesture = LBUTTON_DOWN
New Command = keys, hotkey "[CTRL_DOWN]w[CTRL_UP]"
}
as you see, i have add this gesture to Google Chrome for zoom in and out and it's really easy to use.
i have add [Rhold,Lclick] to close the tab, i also attempt to add [Lhold,Rclick] to full screen but never success and i don't know why...

then you save the file and import to strokeIt..
thank you~!
May 26, 2011 01:12PM
Sorry, but you're doing it wrong :) Having multiple gestures assigned to an action only makes it triggered by any of them and not by their combination. Your Zoom In action is triggered by holding down the trigger button (RMB by default) and then by either wheel up or pressing RMB down, which in turn makes no sense if you have RMB assigned as trigger button. The same applies to Zoom Out and Close Tab actions.

The reason your Full screen action does not work and that you cannot achieve the state of settings you described here through the UI is the same, that is, it is inconsistent since you cannot assign the same gesture to different actions in the same application). It should fail when importing. It's obviously a lack of consistency check in import function if it does import successfully.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2011 01:14PM by gemisigo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 18?