Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Strokeit Gestures and RDP

Posted by Communibus Locis 
Communibus Locis
Strokeit Gestures and RDP
December 01, 2009 08:21AM
I'm going to look over the plugin docs however my development skills aren't that developed yet.

Does anyone know of a plugin or plans to have the gestures translate through a RDP (Terminal Services) connection?

Communibus Locis
Re: Strokeit Gestures and RDP
December 01, 2009 08:35AM
You mean a Remote Desktop? I by-passed the problem by installing an instance of StrokeIt on the remote computer.
Communibus Locis
December 01, 2009 10:34AM
I have it running on both but the gestures don't translate.
December 01, 2009 12:21PM
It won't. You have to have one instance running on the remote computer and the local one disabled for remote desktop window class. Otherwise they would interfere with each other. The local captures the mouse gesture but does not do anything on the remote.
Communibus Locis
December 10, 2009 08:59AM
I wanted to reply back and confirm that with the "parent" instance off, the RDP instance works as expected.

I wonder if a new version could detect the RDP window and send the gestures to it instead of the parent?

Regardless, the program is outstanding and should be part of the core operating system...

Communibus
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 16?