Contact Us

StrokeIt

Mouseclick Emulation?

Posted by Aquir 
Aquir
Mouseclick Emulation?
June 22, 2006 05:49AM
First of all: This is one heck of a brilliant prog, thumbs up ^^
Be honest, did the idea occur to you from Black&White or was it just the wish for an even more versitile usage of mice? ;D

Anyway, I wonder, (there was a similar question in the Developers Thread, but not quite what I had in mind) is there a possibility to emulate mouseclicks as part of a command?
What I'm having in mind is as follows: in Mozilla Firefox for example, using your gesture to save a certain image you point at (via popup menue, followed by hotkey as '[RIGHTCLICK]G' or '[RBUTTON_DOWN][RBUTTON_UP]G'... something like that. [G ~ save graphic])
It would be usefull in other programs too, but this is the example I have in mind...
Thanks for any replies ;D
Mark
Re: Mouseclick Emulation?
June 25, 2006 02:52PM
I'd love to have this feature in StrokeIt too! For now, here's a workaround: AutoHotkey (www.autohotkey.com). It can emulate any mouse, keyboard or even joystick input and it has the ability to save scripts as executable files (.exe).

I haven't tried this yet (I was actually looking for a plugin which would enable this kind of functionality when I bumped into this thread), but in theory it should work just fine :)
Mark
Re: Mouseclick Emulation?
June 25, 2006 02:56PM
(StrokeIt has a "Run Program" option which can be linked to a mouse gesture, so the idea is to have it open the standalone AutoHotkey script)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 11?