Contact Us

StrokeIt

This rocks! (rocker gesture)

Posted by dantown 
dantown
This rocks! (rocker gesture)
June 27, 2005 10:41AM
Hallo,

holding the left mouse button and clicking the right one and vice versa is called a rocker gesture. It's available in Maxthon and other browsers. I'd like to implement this in other applications such as Windows Explorer and The Bat!.

In StrokeIt, add under [Global actions] the command "Back [Rocker right-left]" with the gesture "LBUTTON_DOWN" and hotkey "ALT + LEFT". Now you've got the right-left rocker.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get a left-right rocker with StrokeIt. I've fiddled around with AutoHotkey ([url=http://www.autohotkey.com)]http://www.autohotkey.com)[/url] and came up with this: ~LButton & RButton::send {LButton Up}!{right}

If you add that line to a autohotkey.ini, you will have the left-right rocker as well.

Daniel

Leo
Re: This rocks! (rocker gesture)
June 27, 2005 03:43PM
Hallo Dantown,

Du Jura Studi 8-),

Danke für die Info !

Thanks for information.

Grüße nach Freiburg

Greetings to Freiburg Germany

cu Leo

dhom
July 13, 2005 08:50PM
Thanks for tip! I've been looking for a way to do this because StrokeIt interferes with Opera picking up the rocker gestures.

My own solution to the problem:

Right-left rocker as you described with the command Alt+Left

Right-middle rocker with the command Alt+Right
(Have to remove this gesture from the Run Explorer action first)
donkey
December 30, 2005 03:33PM
Hallo,
I discovered StrokeIt some days ago, and I'am quite impressed.

I used to work with Opera because I like to work with mousgestures.

Because I used to work with the gestures from Opera, I'd like use them at the other applications as well. I changed some gestures in StrokeIt but except the Left-Right rocker.
Is there really no way to install the gesture without an other programm or an alternativ mousgesture???
I mean: If it isn't a problem from right to left, it shouldn't be a problem from left to right, or?!

Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 11?