Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Session sensitive actions

Posted by Oroumov 
Oroumov
Session sensitive actions
March 02, 2004 07:27AM
I'd like to suggest one improvement for next versions.

Since StrokeIt allows you to store your passwords in a hidden form, no one can acquire them. However, if the whole family uses the computer, anyone can access what my password is supposed to protect if they know which symbol to draw on which authentication page.

Would it be possible to prevent other users from seeing my list of apps/actions/commands ? That would simply mean Windows Session's sensitive actions ?

I don't know if this is hard to implement or not. Forget this idea if it requires far too much work.

Oroumov, France.
Oroumov
Re: Session sensitive actions
March 26, 2004 02:22AM
Anyone ?
Do you think it is technically feasable or a total dream ? :)

- Oroumov
lallous
April 05, 2004 04:26AM
Hello

One solution to your problem is to install two copies of strokeit.

One for you and one for them.

Store your copy in your my documents or profile directory so no one can access your copy/cfg files.

Store their's in say C:\program files\strokeit

Make appropriate shortcuts

HTH
Elias
Jordan
April 10, 2004 10:44AM
If you are using Windows NT series, like Win2000, Winxp Pro, you can modify the security settings in your file system, so, only you, can access your own copy of StrokeIt.
Oroumov
April 13, 2004 10:22AM
Yeah, installing it in My Documents could be an idea.

I had the idea of protecting the access to the files, the problem is that I'm not the administrator on my machine, so I probably don't have the rights to do it.

I'll tell you if it worked.

- Oroumov.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 14?