Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Better "Learning Mode" Dialog

Posted by Jecc 
Jecc
Better "Learning Mode" Dialog
February 23, 2004 08:02AM
First of all, great program! I'm recommending it to all the people I know and a few unsuspecting strangers too.

There's only one thing that really annoyed me: the learning mode dialog reuses the combo box for both the gesture that what you've drawn was recognized like (is this good English? :/) and the one you want to assign it to. This means that if while you are training a new gesture the thing you've drawn gets recognized like a different gesture, you have go and change it back. I know, I shouldn't use gestures that could be easily confused...

Plus, to change the T gesture (which was defined as an alias of Left-Down, rather than Left-Right-Down, which strikes me as more "correct") I had to edit the strokes.bin file, because there is no place where you can edit alias, reflections and rotations.
Fortunately there was an entry in the faq that said something the special characters in this file, otherwise I would have completly missed it.

Anyways, keep up the good work, and sorry for the big text.

BTW, anyone knows of a good program to allow DnD manipulation of the taskbar buttons? I'm not talking of a taskbar replacement, because I like the Start button and the Tray as they are - I just want to be able to reorder (and regroup, that would be even better!) the "running applications" buttons via dragging and dropping. I'd rather not have to write my own program for that, although I just might...

- Jecc

Michael Kairys
Re: Better "Learning Mode" Dialog
February 23, 2004 08:54AM
> ... DnD manipulation of the taskbar ...

All the programs I know that did this were broken by Windows XP's taskbar.
ProNooB
Re: Better "Learning Mode" Dialog
February 24, 2004 05:44PM
Sounds like a cool idea. If you do write such a program don't forget to post a link on this board :). A really cool feature in such an app would be an auto-sort by type (then by name). And maybe you could also have a change sort-type function which we could assign a gesture to in stroke it :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 13?