Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Multi-button mouse gestures

Posted by Tom Paine 
Tom Paine
Multi-button mouse gestures
July 05, 2003 12:45PM
Great program, small memory footprint - simple and effective.

Can I suggest the addition of further options in preferences:

Draw gestures by holding:
- Side buttons on 5-button mouses.
- A key.

Also, holding two buttons down provides access to a different set of gestures i.e. the same gesture can mean two different actions.

David
Re: Multi-button mouse gestures
August 11, 2003 01:25PM
Agreed! Would be nice to be able to use Control+left button to draw a gesture. (Currently, setting left button doesn't seem to work at all.) I think this feature would be particularly nice for folks using tablets. Thanks much for the super program!

Scott
August 11, 2003 01:31PM
Try searching the forum.

-Scott
David
August 11, 2003 01:43PM
Believe it or not, I DID search the forum before posting. :) I used the query "left button gesture" across all forums and the most relevant article seems to be Jordan's message "Re: Hold down LEFT BTN not Right, possible?" on 06-18-03 05:21 in which he reports the same problem I do above about left button not working for gestures once chosen (no replies to his message; not sure if there was a workaround or not). Apologies if I missed something more relevant! I can understand why left button alone might not be desirable for gestures (too easy to interfere with normal stuff), but it seems that adding Control/Shift/whatever might be just the thing! Thanks again for your help; sorry if I've missed something obvious here.

Jeff
August 11, 2003 02:48PM
David,

I don't think you've missed anything; that feature isn't available (yet), so this is the appropriate place to post about it.

Keyboard + mouse button combinations have been on my future "to do" list for awhile now, but I don't know when they may become a reality. I hadn't considered using them for the left mouse button, but I think that's a good idea.

You *should* be able to use the left mouse button for normal gestures. However, now that I've just tried to verify that, I notice that it's not working on my system, either. I'll try to fix that soon and have it fixed for the upcoming .9.3 version.

-- Jeff
David
August 11, 2003 06:39PM
Wonderful to hear, looking forward to the upcoming version! :) Thanks!
Jordan
September 15, 2003 01:13AM
I'm happy with this when Jeff have gotten it done. So I need not to buy a new mouse to replace that right-click-sicky one (just a joke).

The real reason for me to think that it will be great if we can somehow manage to guesture with the left button ACTUALLY is because i feel my middle finger a little tired and painful now (it must be used to loafing around its time before my using StrokeIt) -- after i installed StrokeIt, my middle finger have gotten a tough time drawing.
:)

-----------
Jeff Wrote:
You *should* be able to use the left mouse button for normal gestures. However, now that I've just tried to verify that, I notice that it's not working on my system, either. I'll try to fix that soon and have it fixed for the upcoming .9.3 version.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 19?