Contact Us

StrokeIt

Gesture priority?

Posted by Richard 
Richard
Gesture priority?
April 23, 2003 09:22AM
Hello there,

I had an idea for StrokeIt (a thoroughly useful utility, by the way!)...

How about a priority setting for each gesture? For example, 'C' in the default closes the current window. I wanted to set 'C' for K-Meleon as close layer but even if you set 'C' in the K-Meleon group, it performs the close window, not layer.

How about about being able to set a priority for a gesture in a sub-menu so that 'C' means something in most applications but is over-ridden in those where it is set specifically. You'd probably want to warn a user they are over-riding some other behaviour when they're setting it, though.

Hope this is as useful as your tool is to me! :)

Richard.
Scott
Re: Gesture priority?
April 23, 2003 10:10AM
I think what you're asking for already exists.

If a gesture isn't definined for the application which it was drawn in, then the gesture will "fall through" to the Global Actions, and execute whatever commands its set for there. If it's not in Global Actions either, the gesture is ignored. So, setting C to be "Close Layer" in K-Meleon should close the layer, while all other apps should still use Close Window as defined in Global Actions.

-Scott
Richard
April 24, 2003 02:01AM
You're quite right, the feature is already there - I must have been setting up my actions/commands wrongly. Sorry about that!

Thanks!
Scott
April 24, 2003 09:34AM
No problem! Glad I could help!

-Scott
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 19?