Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Terminal Services (XP Remote Desktop Connection)

Posted by Dale Hohm 
Dale Hohm
Terminal Services (XP Remote Desktop Connection)
March 18, 2003 08:03PM
I have struggled for some time with a KVM (keyboard, video, mouse) switch between my desktop machine and my laptop. I realized this week that instead of the kvm I could use the Windows XP Remote Desktop Connection to open and control my laptop from my desktop.

Everything works great except, to my chagrin, StrokeIt. If StrokeIt is running on both the desktop and on the laptop in the Remote Connection window (even full screen mode) the desktop StrokeIt takes over and treats the Remote Desktop as though it were just another window (e.g. /Down minimizes the Remote Desktop). Happily I discovered that if I disable StrokeIt on the Desktop then StrokeIt works as hoped and expected in the Remote Desktop window.

Is it possible for StrokeIt to operate as desired in the Remote Desktop window even if StrokeIt is also enabled on the true desktop?

Thanks,

Dale
Dale,

Have you tried creating a new "Remote Desktop" application and disabling gestures for that application? That should turn off StrokeIt for that window and allow the remote desktop to handle the mouse gestures.

-- Jeff
Dale Hohm
Re: Terminal Services (XP Remote Desktop Connection)
March 18, 2003 11:07PM
Amazing... StrokeIt actually acts like a well architected application 8-)

Quick. Easy. Fixed.

Thanks,

Dale
Dana Johnson
Re: Terminal Services (XP Remote Desktop Connection)
July 02, 2008 09:30AM
I have some what of the opposite question regarding Remote Desktop Connection.

As a Help Desk technician, I use remote desktop on a daily basis. Without installing stroke-it on all the myriad of remote servers I remotely control, I'm hoping there is a way to have stroke-it (installed locally) interact with the MSTSC program (and remotely controlled desktop).

Been using stroke-it for years now, am lost with out. Such a fantastic app!!

Thanks much!
Dana
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 8?