Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

gesutre to enable/disable GESTUREsupport in a program

Posted by pakiyabhai 
pakiyabhai
gesutre to enable/disable GESTUREsupport in a program
January 17, 2003 12:56AM
<HTML>if i m in some application , and if i could give a gesture to turn the support ON/off as i wish

is that possible , without goin to strokeit settings everytime</HTML>
pakiyabhai
Re: gesutre to enable/disable GESTUREsupport in a program
January 17, 2003 01:00AM
<HTML>ok i know holding control it's possible , how about

IF I PRESS CONTROL TWICE , THE SUPPORT IS DISABLED , PRESSING IT TWICE AGIAN ENABLES IT ,something like this , is that possible , coz it's pain to hold shift or control during the hold time</HTML>
<HTML>Hi pakiyabhai I get you *g*,

Do you read my FAQ ?

http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/docs/faq.shtml

I want to disable StrokeIt when I play games. How do I do this?

First possibility
Setup an application group in StrokeIt for each game that you wish to disable gestures in, and enable the "Disable gestures in this application" checkbox.

Second possibility
Click with the right mouse botton on the StrokeIt symbol in the system tray the icon will turn red. All gestures are disabled when the icon is read. Click again to change it back and re-enable gestures.

Jeff write that:

"How do I perform a gesture?
Click and hold down the right mouse button and then draw the mouse gesture you want performed. You can temporarily disable StrokeIt by holding down the Control key, or right clicking on the StrokeIt icon in the system tray. If you want to cancel a mouse gesture while drawing it, simply left click."

ok you can even disable Strokeit with a gesture, but of course not reenable because gesture recognition is off. :)

New Command ->Strokeit -> Strokeit disable

temporarily disable

New Command ->Strokeit - Temporarily disable for the next gesture you make

Have a nice day

with best regards

Leo</HTML>
pakiyabhai
Re: gesutre to enable/disable GESTUREsupport in a program
January 17, 2003 10:46AM
<HTML>well right now , the best option i came out with , use middle button for gesture recognition , and right for normal use ,
\

wat i want is a particular key , just like u want some scroll or something , when i rpess that support gone , when i toggle it again , gesture again</HTML>
<HTML>Hello

I'm using a digital tablet, and the performance and possibilities are superb!!

I'm usin X gesture to disable temporaly and X reversed to disable permanently.

What we need is a way to reenable gestures. Something like calling a program (that can be performed by an icon, external macro key etc...).

thanks for all

Dapobe</HTML>
<HTML>For the record, you can right click on the StrokeIt icon in the system try to enable / disable StrokeIt.

-Scott</HTML>
<HTML>Yes, of course

But it's faster to launch a program using a button on my tablet or using a external key combination.

(Rightclicking with the tablet requires some skills ;-)

Thanks

Dapobe</HTML>
<HTML>ok ok dabobe,

Jeff has hear you,

Now you can make a batch file or whatever you prefer with
command line options: strokeit.exe -enable and -disable to control a running instance of strokeit.

Thanks again Jeff

with best regards

Leo</HTML>
<HTML>Ok

I tested it on the 9.1 prerelease and works fine for me.

Thanks a lot, Leo and Jeff

Dapobe.</HTML>
<HTML>Very true, dapobe. I didn't even think about that. :)

-Scott</HTML>
<HTML>Is there a command line like "strokeit.exe -exit" that can be used to shut it down from a macro within an application? I'm thinkin specifically for shutting it down upon the closing of a browser.</HTML>
<HTML>mmaxx,

There is now: "strokeit -exit". It'll be available in the .9.1 release.

-- Jeff</HTML>
<HTML>Cool. Thanks.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 25?