Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Support for K-Meleon Layers plug-in

Posted by K-Meleon User 
K-Meleon User
Support for K-Meleon Layers plug-in
December 05, 2002 06:01AM
<HTML>Please tell me if I am being dumb and have overlooked some StrokeIt documentation.

At present, I can work out how to bind gestures to the existing list of core KM commands on the drop-downs in StrokeIt. I'd like to be able to bind to commands in the Layers plug-in (esp. New Layer and Close Layer). Any way for users to add this in/to include support in future?

As a previous Opera user, I'm a big fan of layers/tabs and gestures and KM + StrokeIt is working very well for me otherwise.

Thanks.</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Support for K-Meleon Layers plug-in
December 05, 2002 09:14AM
<HTML>The k-meleon plugin allows you to specify the same identifiers that you would normally use when defining menu items or accelerators.

To open a new layer, use:

Command: K-Meleon - Command
Identifier: layers(Open)

To open a link in a new layer, use:

Command: K-Meleon - Command at Point
Identifier: layers(OpenLink)
or Identifier: layers(OpenLinkBg)

-- Jeff</HTML>
tawfiq
December 08, 2002 12:06PM
<HTML>hiya,

niether of:

Identifier: layers(OpenLink)
or Identifier: layers(OpenLinkBg)

are working for me with the K-meleon plugin(using command at point), other commands are working fine though.

i was wondering if its working for others?</HTML>
Jeff
December 08, 2002 03:20PM
<HTML>Tawfiq,

It looks like this is a bug in K-Meleon's handling of CommandAtPoint(), I'll check in a fix later today, so it'll work in the upcoming .7.1 release. For now, just do:

Command at point: layers(OpenLinkBg)
Command: layers(OpenLinkBg)

Command at point will set the internal KM flags that need to be set, and the Command will make sure that the message actually gets through to the layers plugin.

-- Jeff</HTML>
tawfiq
December 09, 2002 06:08PM
<HTML>thanks that works perfectly :)</HTML>
Mike
January 26, 2003 11:31AM
<HTML>Hi, Jeff,
It seems that the 'Command at point: layers(Openlinkbg)' doesn't work for me on my machine. How can I get the fix about the K-meleon's handling of CommandAtPoint(),?</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 19 plus 12?