Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Learn gestures (and keystrokes/mousebuttons)

Posted by marcus 
marcus
Learn gestures (and keystrokes/mousebuttons)
November 21, 2002 01:26PM
<HTML>Ive seen the post about having multiple "activate gesture" buttons. And i like the idea, it woud be dead useful for me with my logitech MX500 (8 buttons).

Anyway what i was thinking is, why don`t the "learn gesture" feature recognise my other mouse buttons. They are bound to different commands in mouseware, like backspace. Would be really nice, people could have more use of all the buttons.

Ex:
Right now i use scrollwheel for home/end commands. Very useful when surfing around. But i also have two thumb buttons, and they would do home/end nicely. Instead i could have the scrollwheel for winamp volume control.

I think you get what i mean :)

Anyway thanks again for a great little app, im using it all the time.</HTML>
Leo
Re: Learn gestures (and keystrokes/mousebuttons)
November 22, 2002 04:41AM
<HTML>Hi marcus,

The Logitech Mouse driver make these buttons available.
look at the size from the mouse driver ! 6,05 MB download
strokeit 0,103 MB !!!

why don`t the "learn gesture" feature recognise my other mouse buttons.
*g*
Jeff (Developer) wrote

4) Unfortunately, this is a Windows limitation. Adding support for additional buttons would add a very significant amount of overhead to the system.

whole thread here
http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?f=4&i=157&t=157

marcus wrote "im using it all the time."
so please spend a little time to read a few threads here

with best regards

Leo</HTML>
marcus
November 22, 2002 09:15AM
<HTML>Im amazed, i write a polite post and what am i returned? Nothing but a slap in the face.

"so please spend a little time to read a few threads here"

Now, i sure as hell wont.</HTML>
Scott
November 22, 2002 10:58AM
<HTML>Marcus:

It wasn't a slap in the face in the least. It was just a suggestion that you would have gotten your answer much faster had you looked through the previous posts. That's why the search feature is there. No offense was intended, I'm sure. Leo has been with us since forever, and has never posted in ill intent.

-Scott</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 11?