StrokeIt

making new gesture(s) based on existence

Posted by Leo 
Leo
making new gesture(s) based on existence
August 04, 2002 08:15PM
<HTML>Dear Jeff Doozan,
I want to give you some feedback
for your great program for new features.

1. mouse gesture as buttons combination from the mouse.
for example perhaps not in general
but in some application. left right as forward
right left as backward
or "forth button and down" or "left button and down"
Please look here
http://members.tripod.com/strokeit0/strokeitwishlist2.jpg
http://members.tripod.com/strokeit0/strokeitwishlist.jpg

2. a button shutdown and restart Please look here: http://members.tripod.com/strokeit0/strokeitwishlist3.jpg

3. make own gestures ..
combination of known

4. mouse buttons recognition perhaps as I more people
have a four buttons mouse and can do nothing with the fourth
button in StrokeIt.

5. mouse gesture mirror and the horizontal and the vertikal line
mouse gesture add for example "down + C"

6. configurable keyboard button to disable StrokeIt for a short time.

7. in the learn modus I want to select the gesture and then click
a button how it looks like.

Have a good time and go on with your good work

cu Leo

the first one is the most important for me</HTML>
Jeff
Re: making new gesture(s) based on existence
August 05, 2002 11:57PM
<HTML>1) Having more than one button "trigger" gestures would add a bit of overhead to the system and would probably mess up other system things (ex, you wouldn't be able to left drag icon or draw boxes to select items, etc). It may be possible to add in as "per application" setting, and making it off by default...but I think using multiple buttons globally would really mess up a lot of things for novice users.

2) Why? Any changes you make should take effect immediately.

3) A combination of known gestures? You can already bind multiple gestures to a command, so you can trigger it with C, Q, and G for example. I think that rolling multiple gestures into "combination gestures" would over-complicate things.

4) Unfortunately, this is a Windows limitation. Adding support for additional buttons would add a very significant amount of overhead to the system.

5) I'm not sure what you mean.

6) Right now, you can hold down CTRL, but I suppose I could make it configurable.

7) This is something I'd like to add in the future.

Thank you for the suggestions...you obviously put a lot of work into this, and most of your suggestions are features that I would love to add. I'm going to put some thought into a few things and see what I can come up with.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Leo
August 06, 2002 04:57PM
<HTML>Hi Jeff

to 1) I am a little bit sad about your answer but I must accept it.

Thank you for answering my post
3 and 5 is the same I am sorry for that.

Ok when u see this then it make sense.
http://members.tripod.com/strokeit0/strokeit-adding-example.JPG

to 2) happy to know that :)

cu Leo</HTML>
Jeff
August 06, 2002 05:17PM
<HTML>Leo,

1) I would love to be able to add this... but the problem really lies within Windows itself. The mouse API only supports 3 button mice to the extent that Strokeit requires.

3) The mirroring/rotating/reversing would be easy enough to do (heck, it's already there, I'd just need to add a GUI for it), but gesture combinations end up being more complicated and less accurate than just training the new gestures (the learning mode is really quite good at recognizing most gestures with minimal training)

-- Jeff</HTML>
Leo
August 06, 2002 07:04PM
<HTML>Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the lesson in windows gui. I am not a programer.

(the learning mode is really quite good at recognizing most gestures with minimal training)

-- Mhmm I want that StrokeIt regognize my 4 it is "/ + right and down" and StrokeIt recognize time to time with \ so I change this to recognize as 4 then I lost \ because StrokeIt recognize my \ not as \ anymore, so I think it is a good idea to add gesture together and make new one's.

ok my topic is near off topic sorry for this but it's nice talking to you perhaps I mail you next time.

Numbers is a good idea to add as gestures by the time :)

cu Leo</HTML>
TychoQuad
Re: Confirmation...
December 17, 2002 05:23AM
<HTML>4> What he's asking here is for the ability to draw gestures with the 4'th mouse button right? and the response is that it would create too much overhead, right?

Pity, I too would like this feature. Would it be possible to make a plugin which would allow gestures to be drawn with button no. 4?</HTML>
Melumi
gesture with pressed thumb buttons
June 06, 2005 07:51AM
Me, too! That would be very super if I could use a "second set of gestures" with a pressed thumb button. I would like to control my mp3 playing software with gestures. Actually I have an Intellimouse Explorer with two thumb buttons. As the mouse comes with a software "intellipoint" to assign keystrokes and the execution of programs to the buttons, maybe there is a workaround by the help of the intellipoint software. Maybe like this:

You generally assign "shift" to the large thumb button and then configure StrokeIt so that it interpretes mouse gestures with a pressed shift button differently.

Actually this is quite clever as I presently have configured the large thumb button to shift inside maxthon web browser to open links in a new window by holding the large thumb button (shift) and then the left mouse button, so that at least in this respect there is no functionality clash.

Havt a nice day,

crazy Melumi
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 10?