Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

action refresh

Posted by pi 
pi
action refresh
May 28, 2002 05:14PM
<HTML>i think it would be nice to have a refresh option for actions and commands.
currently i have to restart strokeit for changes.

cheers
pi</HTML>
Jeff
Re: action refresh
May 28, 2002 06:18PM
<HTML>Use SendMessage to send command 49010 to the window class "StrokeIt".</HTML>
pi
May 28, 2002 06:33PM
<HTML>can you please explain that a little more ?
i simply save my action from dreamweaver into the actions folder.</HTML>
Jeff
May 28, 2002 06:41PM
<HTML>Since the config files aren't meant to be edited by hand while strokeit is running, I'm don't think there needs to be a "refresh" menu item, as it would only confuse most users.

However, that doesn't mean that StrokeIt doesn't support this. All you need to do is use the SendMessage plugin to send the numeric command "49010" to the window of class "StrokeIt". Bind that command to a gesture, and you're all set. You should be able to edit your commands, do the gesture, and strokeit will reload its config files.

-- Jeff</HTML>
pi
May 28, 2002 09:00PM
<HTML>this is not working, or i get something wrong.
i made a global action with the gesture 3 and reversed Z (2 to be sure)
as command: winmsg send message - sent message to - window by classname 'StrokeIt'.
message ID = 49010
this is closing the strokeit window, but there is no change.
the saved .cfg is rewritten from strokeit.

thanks
pi</HTML>
Jeff
May 28, 2002 10:28PM
<HTML>You're right, it doesn't look like that functions the way it should. I'll be sure to fix this and make it available in the next release.

-- Jeff</HTML>
pi
May 28, 2002 11:37PM
<HTML>hehe, here is my workaround:
i made the strokeit program folder my dreamweaver siteroot :)
so with reversed Z i shotdown strokeit and restart it from my dreamweaver sitefolder : http://www.flash2be.com/xpi/

pi</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 15?