Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Onother Feature... StrokeIt & Opera

Posted by DakLord 
DakLord
Onother Feature... StrokeIt & Opera
March 14, 2002 12:48PM
<HTML>As stated before I'm kind of an Opera fan and I'd like to integrate some of StrokeIt's gestures with opera, without interferring with Opera's own gestures.

I tried this by assigning a 'temporarily disable StrokeIt' Command to every Opera Gesture i'd like to use, but I didn't know this only counted for the *next* gesture one would do.
So, my request, if possible at all, would be a feature that disables StrokeIt for the Gesture that *was* just performed and instead (if necessary) kind of sends this mouse movement to opera itself... hmm i think it's not possbile, but you should knowbetter anyways, so it's just another request ;)</HTML>
Hightree
Re: Onother Feature... StrokeIt &amp; Opera
April 04, 2002 05:58AM
<HTML>How about making empty StrokeIt gestures for the ones that you want opera itself to handle ?

I haven't tried this, but its a thought ;)

CU, Hightree</HTML>
Ceriwaen
June 12, 2002 01:14AM
<HTML>I, too, am an Opera fan, and I prefer to disable Opera's gestures and just program them in StrokeIt. That way, there's no possibility of doubling-up on gestures within the program, and it lends a bit of continuity to your working environment.

-Ceriwaen</HTML>
Dennis
June 12, 2002 10:43PM
<HTML>same here. Why using operas functions, if everything is possible with StrokeIT :)

NYC rulez!
Dennis</HTML>
Alex Reyes
July 03, 2002 11:04AM
<HTML>Yes, but then how do you Open Link in New Window, or Open Link in Background?</HTML>
J.R.
October 02, 2002 04:25PM
<HTML>Disabling Opera's mouse guestures would be a good idea, except that I'm a fan of the "left click, then right click" to go forwards action. That's not possible with Stroke-it. But I may just have to get used to it.</HTML>
ajc
December 15, 2002 01:42PM
<HTML>Yes, the thing that I miss is click-down-up for open window in background.
-A</HTML>
DarkLord
March 02, 2003 12:54PM
So basically disabling Opera's gestures is really *not* what I want...

Ceriwaen said something about continuity of my work, nut I think it doesn't matter at all *which* application handles the gesture you just performed if they are handled exactly the same way and do the same thing.
This said its important to know that i configured StrokeIt's basic gestures to be the same as Opera's because i think the Opera developers have made THE gestures... their 'new window', 'maximize', 'minimize' and 'close'(!! basically: *shake* your mouse to close windows) gestures are perfect for me... would have jsut been nice to have 'some' additional StrikeIt gestures within Opera, but i got used to t :)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 19?