Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Use both mouse buttons to activate gestures

Posted by andy baker 
andy baker
Use both mouse buttons to activate gestures
December 12, 2001 05:10AM
<HTML>I still trying to think of a way to stop StrokeIt stealig my right mouse drag functionality. If we can't have the middle mouse button cos it's non-standard, howabout having strokit respond only when left AND right are held down?</HTML>
<HTML>If you hold down the control key, you can still use your right mouse drag functionality. If it really bothers you that much, you could setup a config file to disable strokeit with explorer (assuming that's where you do most of your right dragging)

-- Jeff</HTML>
<HTML>But I want strokeit in Explorer as well!

And yes I can use CTRL but the whole joy of using strokeit is that when I am involved in mouse centered activity I do not have to keep returning to the keyboard.

Lets face sometimes you want to use ther keyboard and sometimes use the mouse but the transition between the two is a rather clumsy and annoying one.

Stroke it gives welcome releive from Fitts Law (which states the relation between the time taken to reach an icon/button etc. and it's size. It means that using a GUI stops feeling like a ruddy arcade game!

If I wasn't that bothered I wouldn't be using StrokeIt at all and the fact that I AM bothered means that I want to work as transparently as possible!

So anyway! How about some alternatives to the right button as a gesture click, eh?</HTML>
<HTML>I can add middle button support, that's standard - it's just anything beyond that (buttons 4/5/6/etc) that gets tricky.

In addition, I can also add a command to disable StrokeIt for the next gesture, so you could draw a symbol to disable strokeit, then right drag, and after that strokeit would enable itself again.

How does that sound?</HTML>
<HTML>awesome. this sounds awesome!</HTML>
<HTML>That would be great!

I can use my buttons 4 and 5 to emulate the old midldle button scroll and I can use the disble gesture to use the right mouse button in 3ds Max...

You don't like the idea of responding to 'chorded' mouse clicks? I suppose it could be complicated as you would have to capture left and right and have a timer to handle 'near-similtaneous' clicks etc.

BTW Strokeit is the best smallest bit of shareware I have had the pleasure to use! Thanks!</HTML>
<HTML>I use a program called MouseImp.It's nice because it allows to scroll the windows simply dragging the mouse everywhere and it doesn't eat the resources of an Intellimouse driver.The problem is that It i use the right button to activate it and there isn't an option to activate it pressing both mouse buttons.Is it very difficult to add an option to press both mouse buttons to draw gestures in StrokeIt?
I like very much your program.It's marvellous.I used Sensiva for a while when it was freeware but your program is better implemented..it asks less than 600k to stay in ram and it does so many things!!A little jewel of programmation</HTML>
<HTML>Yeh jeff.. tight prog..

nice and tidy...</HTML>
<HTML>How about if LeftClick+RightClick (ie. clicking both mouse buttons) would toggle StrokeIt on and off?</HTML>
<HTML>This would solve some problems for me - that is clicking both buttons toggles it on and off. Reason is - in many games you need the right mouse button. And as far as I can tell, the only way to get around this is to manually add the games and disable each in stroke. Pain in the ass.

Alternatively - maybe you could get strokeit to automatically diable itself for apps that are fullscreen opengl or directx?

A keyboard modifier might work as well - ie shift+right starts a gesture.

Keeo up the awesome work - I love this program.

Chris</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 4?