Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Application exclusions

Posted by Jon 
Jon
Application exclusions
December 05, 2001 08:52PM
A helpful feature would be the ability to add applications to exclude from StrokeIt. For example, the Opera browser has mouse commands built in so I have do disable StrokeIt whenever I want to use Opera.
david
Re: Application exclusions
December 06, 2001 11:10AM
I'd like to second this feature request. It would be very nice to be able to exclude applications. For example, I like to right-drag things around my desktop, which then pops up a menu asking my whether I want to move, copy, or create a shortcut. But with StrokeIt enabled, and right-dragging is treated as a gesture. So being able to turn off gesture support for specific applications would be great. Or, only have it listen for gestures if the mouse is over a window that has commands defined for it.
Scott
December 06, 2001 11:16AM
Perhaps a work around until this is added is to hold down the control while you drag, which temporarily disables stroke it, or, you can right click on StrokeIt's tray icon to disable it (the icon turns red), do what you want, and then right click on the icon again (back to white) to re-enable strokeit.

-Scott
Scott
December 06, 2001 01:09PM
Another option, that I just happened to think of, you can define the application that you don't want want gestures for, and then define actions for that application using gestures you don't want to do anything, and have no commands associated with them.

For example, if you don't want "/ Down" to minimize Internet Explorer, the add an action to the IE definitions that uses "/ Down" and don't give it any commands.

-Scott
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 21 plus 8?