Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Combo key +Gestures

Posted by Paul 
Paul
Combo key +Gestures
January 24, 2008 08:10PM
Would like to be able to use common gesture directions with alternative combos like holding down SHIFT/CTRL etc

so SHIFT+RIGHT is a completly new gesture alternative instead of just the gesture RIGHT direction

and so on

SHIFT+LEFT
SHIFT+UP,RIGHT etc

it would add for a lot more easy gestures to be added
Greg
Re: Combo key +Gestures
July 01, 2008 10:33PM
This should be top priority in my opinion.
July 02, 2008 08:53AM
This has been often discussed here... It would require StrokeIt to hook the keyboard as well as the mouse, which would add complexity and the possibility of misbehavior. I for one run a keyboard hook program for shortkeys and I would prefer not to have multiple hooks - I don't really trust Windows to sort things out correctly in all cases.
Koogle/Paul
July 26, 2008 05:59PM
adding to my original request.. still keeping in with the combo key idea..

if say a plugin could look out for certain held down key and look out for a gesture.. so holding down a key like "z" could be assigned to application like Winamp... and using a stroke gesture while holding down that "z" key then any gestures made with that key combo would get pushed to that application regardless of the program you are already in.

so you could be using a web browser.. and holding "z" + stroke "right".. would skip to next track, same with "z" +stroke "left" would go back to the next track

would streamline workflow so much for commonly used apps.. I mean forgot about stupid windows noob shit like alt-tabs or selecting taskbar items.. you could have you most used apps assigned to keys around left hand.. and have minimize/maximise stroke directions assigned to each of those apps.. and be able to switch to all of them or to control them from another application.

and personally I think the combo key identify should be built into strokeit.. and should be an option next to each individual application..it would make having to setup the same stroke directions a non issue, as it would simply be looking out for the hotkey and looking out for the same gesture shortcuts already assigned to that app.

as for the issues with keyboard hooking.. tbh it just needs someone with the time and talent to sort things out, or to start flaming the noobs at MS to sort things out to make it possible.. unfortunatly it seems jeff has bailed on strokeit development regardless of the shity vista os.
Zabz
March 04, 2009 05:37PM
I want this!!!
Renzo
September 04, 2009 09:24PM
yeah me too!!!.. Will strokeit enhanced be able to do this at all? and easily..
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 25?