Winamp action doesn't work

Posted by CatMan 
CatMan
Winamp action doesn't work
April 15, 2002 02:27PM
<HTML>
Test system : Athron 1G + 768M Ram.
Enviro. : Win2k AS + SP2, StrokeIt .9 Beta 8a, Winamp 2.79, UltraEdit 9

Situation : With winamp main and Playlist on, actions does not working.
After one or two tries, the StrokeIt got killed for some unknown reason.

And also I can't use the copy/paste in UltraEdit 9. I did select the text,
and make sure the short cut does indeed work manualy.

I hope I am not the first one brought this up ...

CatMan.</HTML>
Dennis
Re: Winamp action doesn't work
April 15, 2002 10:34PM
<HTML>Win98 SE Winamp works fine, but only if gestures are done over the main window, or I have to add all 3 windows as window-classes (winamp_eq etc.).

Thats what I forgot as improvement request :) I would like global actions for winamp, so that a N for example or whatever goes to the next song, no matter where I do my gesture. Just a thought

Salut
Dennis</HTML>
Googer
April 16, 2002 07:56AM
<HTML>You can do this, just get one of the Winamp hotkey plugins and then assign the appropriate hotkey combo to a global gesture. Voila! Works well for me anyway. :)</HTML>
Jeff
April 16, 2002 10:11AM
<HTML>You can also use the sendmessage command. The winamp commands are listed <a href="http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp2x/dev/sdk/api.jhtml">here</a>, and the winamp window class is "Winamp v1.x"

-- Jeff</HTML>
Dennis
April 16, 2002 11:03AM
<HTML>Yeah I guess I could have looked on the official winamp site... dah :) Well thanks guys I guess I was a little impatient.

Cya later aligator
Dennis</HTML>
Dennis
April 16, 2002 11:27PM
<HTML>Jeff: Gotta help me out with the sendmsg.

Let's say that Previous track button has the WM_COMMAND of "40044"

Now I have my winamp declared as a program likewhise WINAMP.EXE. My NExt track gesture is now a left drag. Now I tried Send Messag to Window and punched in Winamp 1.x as name, but both post message/send message and as message ID the 40044 didn't work out for me, I think I did something wrong. I tried using the Sendmsg's as global function's none worked.
It would be cool if you can give me a working solution :)

Googer: Hotkeys are nice too, thats my 2nd chice but I certainly prefer Sendmsg's :)

Gr337ings
Dennis</HTML>
Jeff
April 17, 2002 03:41AM
<HTML>Dennis,

You should be able to look at the existing winamp configuration for an example, as it uses the sendmessage plugin.

Since you want it to be a global action, you'll need to add it to that group. Then, in the "Send Message To" option, select "Window by Class Name", and enter "Winamp v1.x". Set "Message ID" to "273" (WM_COMMAND), and "wParam" to "40044". You can leave "lParam" blank.

Good luck,

Jeff</HTML>
Dennis
April 17, 2002 08:50PM
<HTML>Jeff:
Thank you! It works just perfect, I just didn't know that WM_COMMAND is 273. I'm gonna implent the main winamp funtions :)

Honorfull
Dennis</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 23?