Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

right click problems

Posted by Jonathan 
Jonathan
right click problems
October 15, 2005 06:39PM
Whenever i start drawing a mouse gesture, the (usual right click) menu allways pops up and gets in the way. It's a mess.
Michael Kairys
Re: right click problems
October 16, 2005 07:20AM
Are you exceeding your gesture timeout? Try increasing it...
Robin
October 17, 2005 03:39PM
I have the same problem sometimes, I can't draw anything. I always assume it was a problem with my usb port/system. It seems to occur more when my CPU usage is high.

My timeout is 250 ms, I have the same setting at work machine, and it doesn't exhibit this behavior.
nik
October 20, 2005 02:21AM
R u ppl getting this on every application??
I get this only on specific apps like tuneup utilities , rocket retriever.
Jonathan
October 20, 2005 10:21PM
Yeah, i get this on every application. Increasing timeout didn't help.
Robin
October 21, 2005 01:48PM
Same here, every application when right click acts funny.
Jonathan
October 24, 2005 03:45PM
I doubt this is related, but i have two mice installed (and the problem happens with both of them). One is a standalone logitich 518mx, and the other is an mx700 part of the keyboard mouse duo. I jst upgraded to the newest version of 'setpoint' (2.46.544) and it didn't help.
Jonathan
October 24, 2005 03:48PM
Just figured out a workaround:... set strokeit to use the middle mouse button.
Jonathan
October 26, 2005 02:04PM
But it's an annoying workaround. I would like to see the problem get fixed.
July 19, 2008 06:49PM
Right click onto app window area, crashes the app! :/
Hello, today I have similar problem on XP64bits english system, every time I right click in the app area where app actions are, make that apps crashes (some of apps are, Process Lasso V3.0, Startup Delayer V.2.3 Build 131).
I have StrokeIt 9.5 :)
Somebody here can tell me, how to fix this really big annoyance?, I tried the performance settings w/o positive result! :/
Thanks for your asap support, God bless you, bye. :D

JesusInsideMe
To practice His word changes lives!
Dellen
August 25, 2009 04:13PM
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!

I found this thread because I had the same problem as the original poster. I guess it's too late to help him but if you're reading this, you probably might find my solution useful:
I had an Autohotkey-Skript running that activated inactive windows whenever you drag'n'dropped some file into it. Switching this off instantly let StrokeIt do it's magic undisturbed.
My guess is that non-autohotkey utilities in the same vein might also have the same negative effect.
thexray
November 10, 2009 03:25AM
Resurrected once again!

I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit and StrokeIt 9.6 on dual monitors. I have only one disabled app configured in StrokeIt - Opera. Command editor shows only [Global Actions], Opera (disabled) and Visual Studio. Gesture timeout is set to 1 second.

All right click gestures finish with the standard right click action without firing the gesture action in Registry Editor, Ultramon and DisplayFusion Pro taskbar on the second monitor and some other applications. Is it possible to fix this? Pretty please?

When Ultramon or DisplayFusion configured to show on each taskbar only relevant windows, gesture "Minimize all" (Win+M) minimizes only windows on the monitor where the gesture was performed. While that is the way Windows works it would be cool to have a solution for that.
thexray
January 27, 2010 01:44AM
Managed to fix the right click problem in Windows 7.

Solution: configure Strokeit to run as a task using taskschd.msc with the following settings:

General

Run only when user is logged on
Run with highest privileges

Triggers

At log on
Any user

Setttings

Run task as soon as possible after a scheduled start is missed
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 8 plus 12?